ms 170 carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think there ever has been one for 017/018/ms170/ms180. The Walbro WT-325A had an adjustable low speed but no adjustable high speed. Like Rookie 1 said you can modify others to work. The Walbro WT-215 being one of them. You need to drill out a new impulse passage and block up the old one, no complicated measurements are required as there is already a recess where the hole needs to be drilled. You will need to switch over the carb end plates aswell as your current carb should have the snorkel for the intellicarb whereas the WT-215 will not, no mods required for this part.

I did a conversion on my Brother's 170 over Christmas with a WT215. Its pretty simple if you are thinking about what you are doing but it's not a drop in fit by any means. The throttle linkage plate needs a slot ground into it and the linkage arm needs a bend added to ensure the throttle plate can open fully. The carb we bought had a welch plug so no drilling just pulled the plug for impulse passage. Swapped over the snorkel top and drilled holes in the plastic for adjusting. Biggest issue is to make sure you get full throttle with the linkage

Back