MS 250 vs MS 271. Which one do I buy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How's the weather on the lake? It's terrible in Albany I bet you guys got a lotta snow up there today, anyways if u haven't checked out the 261 it's a great saw. I have a 260 and I love it, my foreman has a 261 and were starting to get them at work . There a lil more $$ than a 250 but well worth it.

How's the weather on the lake? It's terrible in Albany I bet you guys got a lotta snow up there today, anyways if u haven't checked out the 261 it's a great saw. I have a 260 and I love it, my foreman has a 261 and were starting to get them at work . There a lil more $$ than a 250 but well worth it.

We got 12 Inches of snow and some rain. Currently light snow right now. Have not been out to the lake. I on west mountain near the ski center, just the back side of the mountain.

Another vote for Cutting Edge. There's a big difference between a OPE dealer who also sells saws and a good old fashioned full service saw shop.

Cutting Edge will treat you right, give good advice, and take care of any problems that might come up.

To be honest I never heard of The Cutting Edge store. Will have to check it out though. I thank you for the advice.

To be honest I never heard of The Cutting Edge store. Will have to check it out though. I thank you for the advice.

As far as I have understood you won't forget it again after visiting there.... Well maybe you will wish you could after having all the stuff you bought there. But what do I know, I've only been reading praise about them since I have been on this site. My problem is that I'm a little bit further away.

For your intended use, the MS250 will be completely adequate. Get a saw for what you will cut most of the time, not for what you "might" cut at some future time. Should you run into a need for a big saw in the future, you would still want a smaller, nimble saw like the MS250.

Now that you have advice, go buy a saw and do NOT revisit this site unless you have problems with it. If you do, you run the risk of having 12 saws in your garage by this time next year.

Only 12? I'm up to 30!

My bet for this year is we're going to skip spring temperatures and go straight to summer like temperatures...the dern woodchuck lied! We're said to be getting 1-3 inches tomorrow around 8am

My bet for this year is we're going to skip spring temperatures and go straight to summer like temperatures...the dern woodchuck lied! We're said to be getting 1-3 inches tomorrow around 8am

The 243 Win. took care of the woodchuck. 350 yards 55 Grain Nosler Ballistic Tip Boat Tail leaving my barrel at 3950 feet per second.

Have you considered a brushcutter (for the brush of course)?

Depending on the type of brush, a saw could be nearly useless and even downright dangerous to use. And the ol' back likes using a brushcutter more.

Have you considered a brushcutter (for the brush of course)?

Depending on the type of brush, a saw could be nearly useless and even downright dangerous to use. And the ol' back likes using a brushcutter more.

I will be cutting tree tops and it will be too much to do with an axe or handsaw. 45 acres worth. The property was logged this past winter and I would like to open the four wheeler trails back up to get the tractor for the firewood from the tree tops. Also would like to keep the trails open so it is easier to drag deer through.

Kyle and Edge and Engine in Cassadaga NY is fantastic to work with. Excellent customer service and when i ordered parts for my Dolmar 120si- he had every part I needed in stock and processed my order the day before he closed to go on vacation. He will be getting all my Dolmar business in the future (and I live in Knoxville TN.):cheers:

sb

Kyle and Edge and Engine in Cassadaga NY is fantastic to work with. Excellent customer service and when i ordered parts for my Dolmar 120si- he had every part I needed in stock and processed my order the day before he closed to go on vacation. He will be getting all my Dolmar business in the future (and I live in Knoxville TN.):cheers:

sb

Ok Thanks. I will have to keep him in mind. Every bit of advice helps. I thank everybody who gave me advice on this site. I would buy everybody a few beers, but I would be broke quick.

Back