Ms 360

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pea

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a Stihl MS 360 which is i guess an 036. Anyone know anything good or bad about this saw? Also would it pull a 24" bar ok? I would get it with a 20" but would like to have a 24" also.

Hi pea,

One of the best saws ever made by anyone. You can not go wrong, buy it you will love it.

20 & 24" bars are not a problem with it's power. :Eye: :Eye:

Solid saws, but the 036 falls in between the size saws I use the most. I run the 026 with an 18" bar and the 046 with either 28" or 32" bar. Based on that, I'd have to assume the 036 would be happy with a 24" bar.

pea, welcome to the site!!! i have two 036's and they are GREAT saws, i run 20'' bars with round ground chisel chain on both but i have run a 28'' bar with skip chain in oak and had good results:rolleyes: if you were going to do a lot of cutting w/ a 28'' then i would get a ms440 or a ms460, i have the 460 and run a 28'' on it with full comp in hardwoods:D you'll love the 036 or the ms360 what ever stihl wants to call it you'll be very happy with it, especially after you open up the muffler:D

As soon as you buy it open up the muffler. It is really easy, just take the screws out of the front of it and off of the cylinder. Pry up the spark arrestor screen keeper a little and pull out the screen. Open the muffler up to the limits of the screen frame. Put the screen back in, bolt it back in place and saw till ya can't saw no more. I modified mine and I really noticed a difference. I should have done timed cuts before and after.....would'a, should'a, could'a...

Back