MS 361 Stihl Magnum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildnCrazyGuy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just saw the new MS 361 Stihl Magnum on Stihl's website. Probably old news, but Stihl's new 2009 interactive catalog is online. Listed on page 29 is the MS 361 Stihl Magnum. I wonder if the new ones will actually have the magnum sticker on them now. No change to this year's model, right? Maybe a new sticker?

Well, if it is anything like the other Magnums, yes, it will just be a sticker. The 361 is slated to be removed from the shopping list as of 2010.

Saw an ad on CL today where a guy is offing his 044 becasue he got a 440 Magnum. See, some people actually fall for it.

Be ready for bigger changes than an MS361 Magnum (Just a sticker most likely earned from the "MS361 Facts" thread started last month, LOL) Many dealers already have hang tags for the MS362!!! Pretty much the same saw, but it will have the stratified scavenger engine. The 362 will probably be available by late Summer, early Fall.

if your not buying a 'magnum' then your only getting a single port muffler

The name of a Stihl Magnum has nothing to do with having a dual port or single port muffler on a Stihl sold in the USA. Its just a sticker. Newer 044/046 Magnums here all have single port mufflers. Like this 440 Magnum that I got new last year...

attachment.php

Stihl ms 361

I just saw the new MS 361 Stihl Magnum on Stihl's website. Probably old news, but Stihl's new 2009 interactive catalog is online. Listed on page 29 is the MS 361 Stihl Magnum. I wonder if the new ones will actually have the magnum sticker on them now. No change to this year's model, right? Maybe a new sticker?

I just bought a Stihl ms 361 last Sat. Mine don't say Magnum on it, was kind of a let down. Does anybody know if the 362 will cost the same?

Are you going to break yours in any certain way or just give it hell? This is the first new chainsaw i have bought. I was going to take it easy for the first three tanks of gas, like the manuel says. Wondering if there was anything else i should know??

The saw was a let down or the fact it doesn't say Magnum was the let down?

just the fact it don't say Magnum. Guess i could just buy a sticker. lol I was kind of worried that since it didn't say Magnum it might be an older model.

Are you going to break yours in any certain way or just give it hell? This is the first new chainsaw i have bought. I was going to take it easy for the first three tanks of gas, like the manuel says. Wondering if there was anything else i should know??

There are oodles and oodles here on saw break in if you do a search.

Simply put, don't do anything too special. Just full throttle or nothing (no half throttle BS), and avoid sustained full rpms with little or no load.

MGF

just the fact it don't say Magnum. Guess i could just buy a sticker. lol I was kind of worried that since it didn't say Magnum it might be an older model.

Same thing I was worried about. I have been taking it a little easy so far.

I'm hoping to get a 361 myself this year. I'm kind of curious to see the 362, but it would be a shame if they sold out of all of the 361's. From what I hear, this is one of the best firewood saws ever, I'm sure you guys will be happy for years to come. Congrats!!! (by the way JJ, what part of town are you in?)

I'm hoping to get a 361 myself this year. I'm kind of curious to see the 362, but it would be a shame if they sold out of all of the 361's. From what I hear, this is one of the best firewood saws ever, I'm sure you guys will be happy for years to come. Congrats!!! (by the way JJ, what part of town are you in?)

East side milford area you?

Latest posts

Back