Stihl ms 362cm piston browning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll try Aspen 2, 5L for start, seeing videos that really burns clean... maybe browning will disappear... who knows, I'll try definitely..

If you think 20 bucks is pricey for a qt of oil. Put your 1000 dollar plus saws down and walk away. ;)

Just jking with ya but is funny how guys get cheap on oil. :cheers:

I wonder what a qt of that stihl super hp or ultra crap oil is. Prob a 40 :laughing:
One quart of Amsoil Saber is 12.00 that is half the price of the other, last time i ordered it anyway!. I have been using it a long time and never a failure.

One quart of Amsoil Saber is 12.00 that is half the price of the other, last time i ordered it anyway!. I have been using it a long time and never a failure.
Dont price it today at retail. 17-18. Now if a dealer you can still get it that cheap. ;)

I've never paid retail for VP at your 20 retail now days ;)

At most I have 14 a qt and most times as low as 10.

:laughing: :cheers:

loloill.png

VP gives awful headaches just like ultra does from fuel stabilizers.
Cheap synthetic oil was seventy bucks a quart when I was kid. You filtered it to use again if not fuel ladden. There was no synthetic mix oils for 2smokes.
Boats will make you cry about the price of oils your mixing and changing if you buy the high end stuff. Imagine burning 200 gallons a weekend or more. Throwing hundred dollar bills at the captain insures you get invited back. I've been on both ends of that deal many times.

The really brown pistons I see on non strato saws that come in here. I blame on stale mix.
This is what I would expect. Old, stale fuel has lost a lot of the engine cooling volatiles so the engines run hot enough to coke oil.
Fuel doesn't cause it.
Not directly but since 2-strokes are basically fuel-cooled engines old fuel that has lost its ability to cool efficiently will raise engine temperatures and likely cause this symptom.

This is what I would expect. Old, stale fuel has lost a lot of the engine cooling volatiles so the engines run hot enough to coke oil.

Not directly but since 2-strokes are basically fuel-cooled engines old fuel that has lost its ability to cool efficiently will raise engine temperatures and likely cause this symptom.
If the fuel was that far gone, it also wouldn't vaporize. If there is no vaporization the engine doesn't run...

If we spent as much time maintaining the saw as we do worrying about oil and ratios, I would not have anything to repair.
Fresh, clean fuel at the correct ratio is all you need. End of story.
Fresh fuel E5 95 octane and FD oil.. That's exactly what I did.. And having this browning on my piston makes me wonder... All do i used FB oil on my first few tanks..

Latest posts

Back