MS 441 are available again...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockjock

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just got a call from Stihl letting me know the 441's are back in stock. Now I can not say when the US will be getting them again but we have them now back in the order cue and set for delivery.

Did they ever say why they were not available?

Two weeks ago a dealer near me was selling a 441cm they had in stock a long time with 28" bar for $799 plus tax, i was real tempted but don't like how the saw looks, plus since there were production problems with the 441, the 461 is $100 bucks off, brings it to about $950, and then i can get an additional discount and get the saw for $899. So i'd rather spend the extra $100 for a 461. Haven't bought one yet though, my 046 D cylinder is plenty of beast.

Hey rockjock how ya doin.... Wow they finally brining the 441 back thats good I know she has a strong following.... Will they have this model in the non-mtronic version also.... I believe I talked to a guy awhile back that said stihl is selling all m-tronic models in there regular adjustable carb versions also, do you know if that is true rockjock... I figured if anyone knew you would LOL.... Oh and buy the way I was actually goin to get the 441 but that was when they weren't stocking them, so I started lookin at the 461.... Wow I am not putting the 441 down as I have never ran one but this 461 is badass... I heard people say the AV were a little rough, but I think she is plenty smooth....anyway I am glad I listened to people on this site and looked at the 461 instead, because as it turns out I think the 461 was the better choice for me!!!!:happybanana::rock::clap:

Hey rockjock how ya doin.... Wow they finally brining the 441 back thats good I know she has a strong following.... Will they have this model in the non-mtronic version also.... I believe I talked to a guy awhile back that said stihl is selling all m-tronic models in there regular adjustable carb versions also, do you know if that is true rockjock... I figured if anyone knew you would LOL.... Oh and buy the way I was actually goin to get the 441 but that was when they weren't stocking them, so I started lookin at the 461.... Wow I am not putting the 441 down as I have never ran one but this 461 is badass... I heard people say the AV were a little rough, but I think she is plenty smooth....anyway I am glad I listened to people on this site and looked at the 461 instead, because as it turns out I think the 461 was the better choice for me!!!!:happybanana::rock::clap:

441 cm version only is what I see on my system. It is doubtful there will be a non mtronic version for sale. I have run both the 441 and the 461 and thought them both to be very very smooth.

Ya I wondered how she would be since the 461 stihl has rubber AVs and I was pleasantly surprised... And I do have the 362 which has the springs.... The springs have a lot more movement IMO.... I am not sayin that's good or bad just something I noticed, as the 362 if the first saw I have owned that has the metal AV springs.... I like them for sure, they absorb a lot vibrations no doubt about it....

Oh and like I said I did hear that there were offering all saws with adjustable carbs, but I did have a hard time believing that was true, thanks for clearing that up rockjock!!!!

The 261 and 362 haven been available in M-tronic and the standard carb. since this year. We won't have the 441's until later in the spring/summer.

Hey opinion, thanks for that info.... And damn man the girl in your pic with the saw.... All I can say HOT....:chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw:

Are the R models available again ?
After your hybrid ,i think you will be disappointed in how the 441 runs ,even with a stikka on it .I like it don't get me wrong ,but a little down on power after the 440 hopped up .

I have noticed a lot of Stihls in the TradinPost lately and quite a few with model numbers that end in one,
461-661.
It's a good thing for y'all that like them.

Back