ms 441 r c-m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodcutter82

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could get one of these? My local dealers say that they can not get them.:dizzy:
I have even check in TN. NC. on the dealer websites and its not even showing them as a option. I live in Georgia if anyone could help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated.

You know, the MS441R C-M is on the STIHLUSA website now as a new model. I had a local shop order one for me in Sep. '12. I think it was an easy process for me because he did not have a MS440 or MS441C-M already on the shelf, and I prepaid in full. If your local dealers already have a comparable saw on the shelf, I'll bet they would be reluctant to order in another $939 or higher saw. Keep calling around your area, the stihlusa dealer locator works well.

Thats what I have been doing and have had no luck. one of the dealers told me they were not sold in the U.S. and must be a germany only saw. Like I have said I live in GA. and have check online in GA. TN. and NC. without any luck.

Does anyone know where I could get one of these? My local dealers say that they can not get them.:dizzy:
I have even check in TN. NC. on the dealer websites and its not even showing them as a option. I live in Georgia if anyone could help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated.

That's the same load of BS I got when I tried to buy mine. I contacted the distributor directly and they added it to their online ordering screen (or whatever the heck it is). I called the dealer back, told them to check their order screen and it was there.

-Greg

Thats what I have been doing and have had no luck. one of the dealers told me they were not sold in the U.S. and must be a germany only saw. Like I have said I live in GA. and have check online in GA. TN. and NC. without any luck.

Worst case scenario, if you don't have any luck I can call my local dealer. If they can get one I can pick it up and mail it to you.

-Greg

I just bought this exact same model at Rural King. They didn't have one it stock of course but was able to order one and was able to pick it up the very next day.

You should tell the dealer your talking with, (at least for now)
" Im the customer and Im right, do you really want me to take my money someplace else?"
Or something to that effect

As everyone has witnessed at some point in their quest for purchasing any item, some business will go out their way to get you what you want, price you are willing to pay, and fit the time table of the purchase.

Then there are the business that feel they are doing you a favor being to walk into their store, ask question, look at products.

The latter seems to be the unfortunate norm lately.

2 weeks ago we were out looking for appliances, need washer, dryer, fridge, tv's, stove, dishwasher, etc, all were destroyed in Sandy's flooding of the house.

Did not matter if the dealer was small or national chain, some were great, spent the time answering question, concerns, others could care less if they made the sale.

Find a dealer that makes you feel like you are their only customer, well worth the personal service, not the price.

We have some Stihl dealers that are good, others just plain s*ck.

My 2 cents

Well i finally found a place in Tn. that can get it for me and ship it to my door. they go through bryan equipment. So next week or so i should have the saw. I did call and let southeast stihl, the disributor for my area know how i felt about not being able to get what I wanted. The lady I spoke with said it was just not avaliable and was a mid west saw. Doesn't make any sence to me that if a person has the money to spend it would look like they could get the saw from another distributor. Oh well i got it taken care of. Oh and thanks guys for all of your help.:clap:

They are in stock in my store in Texas. We order from Blue Mountain Equipment out of McKinney, Texas. They "R" stands for full wrap handle.

what do you guys think would be a reasonable price to ask for the original MS441? I have one that is a year old and has only seen a little firewood cutting.

what do you guys think would be a reasonable price to ask for the original MS441? I have one that is a year old and has only seen a little firewood cutting.

Around here, new 441's are going for $850 with a 20" bar. What size does your saw have?

Thanks for the advise brad, thats what i'll do when she gets here. I will prolly break it in a bit and then port it. Going to get a MS261 at the same time. This will take the place of my 025 and MS441 two saw plan. The MS441 R-CM and the
MS261 should be a good two saw plan for me anyways. I do wish the MS261 had the m-tronics.

Latest posts

Back