MS 462 C-M rev limiter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlguy

10 yo grandson using 024 Super
Reaction score
Anyone notice while running not heavy in a cut, it sounds like hitting the rev limiter?? It was 12 degrees yesterday with heavy gloves, so my throttle control was not real good, but I noticed it today also w/ lighter gloves on. If you are heavy in the cut, don't notice it, but if you don't throttle down in lighter cuts, it does it????!!!! It may be normal??? It's a thirsty beast, almost 1 tank for a truck load(Nissan Frontier= face cord)

I haven’t noticed anything like that yet. But I don’t cut wood in 12 degrees either. You could try a reset on the M-tronic and see if it still happens. The very first time I used my 462 I was disappointed in the performance. However, the next day it was a different saw. It’s been amazing ever since. I’ll bet you like it a lot. I believe mine uses less fuel than my 044.
I’m using Motomix in my 462.

I haven’t noticed anything like that yet. But I don’t cut wood in 12 degrees either. You could try a reset on the M-tronic and see if it still happens. The very first time I used my 462 I was disappointed in the performance. However, the next day it was a different saw. It’s been amazing ever since. I’ll bet you like it a lot. I believe mine uses less fuel than my 044.
I’m using Motomix in my 462.
On Sunday it was close to 50 degrees, still did it. Do you mean "calibrating" as described on page 47 of the owners manual? I would assume the dealer did this???? I would get 2 truck loads from 1 tank of gas w/ my 044.

Sounds entirely normal. It also sounds like you're not putting enough load on it or too much throttle if limbing.
I was in big cuts, but again, I had heavy gloves on and my throttle control was not up to par. I may just need to get used to it. My MS362 C-M does not do it.

M-tronics will maximize what fuel is being delivered so it will hit the rev limiter
Mine has done it hundreds of time at 3/4 throttle let alone at wot
It is what it is
That is how they run
If they don’t something isn’t right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back