Ms 462

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toxic2

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought an ms 362 about 6 years ago and fell in love with it..i am debating selling it and buying an ms 462. Its not much heavier for the extra power. I am not even sure if thwy are sold in Canada but i do have an email request for one in at my local dealer..however i have a mailbox in the US and i see on ebay you can buy them throu a russian source. Just wondering if anyone has gone this route and are they any hidden taxes or import fees? I dont need a new saw but i have ran the 362 commerically for 3 years out of the 6( the last three years has just been 10 cord pee year for firewood) and feel like i could use something that will cut faster. I have a big job cutting about 4 acres of mature tamerack coming up next year as well. Any input on the ms 462 or buying thro ebay would be awsome. Thanks!

I bought an ms 362 about 6 years ago and fell in love with it..i am debating selling it and buying an ms 462. Its not much heavier for the extra power. I am not even sure if thwy are sold in Canada but i do have an email request for one in at my local dealer..however i have a mailbox in the US and i see on ebay you can buy them throu a russian source. Just wondering if anyone has gone this route and are they any hidden taxes or import fees? I dont need a new saw but i have ran the 362 commerically for 3 years out of the 6( the last three years has just been 10 cord pee year for firewood) and feel like i could use something that will cut faster. I have a big job cutting about 4 acres of mature tamerack coming up next year as well. Any input on the ms 462 or buying thro ebay would be awsome. Thanks!
Imho ... if the 362c is in good mechanical condition and you are only running 18-20” bars with a sharp chain ; then port the 362c - I doubt you will see much difference in that size timber ... if you want a 70cc class saw and want to stick with STIHL , get a 461 , more cc 76.5 vs 72 - more torque for longer (25-32”) bars ... and Way more potential to make power if down the road you port it ... Can also run the max-flow on the 461 - FAR superior run time vs stock STIHL filter ... just my 2 cents ... the 462c is definitely a Great Saw - it’s just that it’s a new platform and there may be “bugs” to work out ... see 661 ... salute !

I just ordered one from ALFAO1
He was super helpful
I'd do business with him any time
No hidden fees his price includes shipping
He had them in the classified section at outdoor power equipment

If you dont mind me asking what was the total price with shipping? You can send it via PM if you like. Really think the 462 is the next step for me.

Got this quote from dealer. I can get the one feom russia for 1520cad. It is not the artic model and does not have mtronic,just the standard carb...not sure which one i want at this point

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181227-083721_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20181227-083721_Gmail.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 41
Yeah my dealer isnt the best..always seems priced high. I have sourced a new ms 461 with artic and full wrap for 1250 canadian dollar from an individual which seems to me like a way better deal.

The numbers are pushing me there
The 461 is a fantastic saw for sure and it’s a proven chassis ... it can be made into an almost unbeatable 70cc class saw IF the guy doing the mods knows his stuff

Back