Ms200t build questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave P 71801

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm doing a complete rebuild on a free yes I said free Ms200t the guy straight gassed it and didn't wanna fix it so he told me I could have it if I wanted it. So I'm doing a complete overhaul cylinder, piston, rings, bearings, seals, carburetor, fuel lines, impulse hose, pretty much everything the way I figure I can get all the parts from Stihl for just under 400.00 and have a good as new 200t. I've got a few questions on the rebuild. The saw looks almost new and I want to make sure I build it right so I have a almost new looking and running saw for years to come.

1. What should I use to seal the case halves? Dry gasket? Gasket with spray copper coat?, Anaerobic gasket maker? I have some permatex #51813. I don't want to use a silicone type sealer because of the mess it makes and I don't like the idea of it being in the case where it could come loose.

2. Basically the same question about the cylinder base gasket or should I build it without a gasket and just a sealer?

3. What is the best way to install the OEM seals I know they are a plastic and break easily I also know Stihl makes a tool but I don't have one and don't want to buy one if I can do it another way

4. What carburetor should I order I know the s126 has the accelerator pump and has problems I've read about replacing it with a s32 but it reduces throttle response. Im not going to run the saw daily so the accelerator pump wearing out may not even be something to worry about.

5. Is there anything else I should do to make it a better running saw? Muffler mod? if so how do I do it? Timing advance?

Thanks for any help or advice as you can see it's definitely worth the work

Attachments

• IMG_1263.JPG
    IMG_1263.JPG
    835.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1265.JPG
    IMG_1265.JPG
    760 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1266.JPG
    IMG_1266.JPG
    651.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1268.JPG
    IMG_1268.JPG
    765.4 KB · Views: 10
Answer to your points:

1. Use the case gasket dry without a other sealer.
2. Only use the cylinder gasket dry.
3. Grease the outside lip of the crankshaft sealing ring with grease and push it home with press sleeve 1129 893 2400.
4. The latest carb is not so problematic anymore, as I know. Maybe others know better.
5. Ask some of the porters with that question. I think a muff mod brings her to more life but the porters here know better also with the ignition timing.

Latest posts

Back