MS200T oil filter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troutfisher

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have a ms200t that I use for carving. The oil pump gets plugged up with sawdust and I have to take it apart and clean the tank, line, and pump to get it oiling again. This happens fairly often. Is there a better oil filter that I can use on this saw? Maybe a stone type filter would be better than the plastic cage type? Thanks!

Hey Aric long time.

My used 200 came to me with same problem. Tree climber use. Stated oiler didnt work etc. It was just jammed packed full of fines chips etc. Cleaned everything out and work fine for me.

I never did look into seeing if there was a updated oiler filter. But might be worth a check into. Because I know husky has updated some of their oiler filters for the same reasons.

Hey Aric long time.

My used 200 came to me with same problem. Tree climber use. Stated oiler didnt work etc. It was just jammed packed full of fines chips etc. Cleaned everything out and work fine for me.

I never did look into seeing if there was a updated oiler filter. But might be worth a check into. Because I know husky has updated some of their oiler filters for the same reasons.

I wrapped the oil filter in a piece of pantyhose, kind of like a pre-filter and put it back together. I think it's because I'm carving with it, and making some real fine powder at times. Yes, I think cleaning the saw before removing the oil cap would help, but that's not really practical when working. And Treesmith....... the cap is on smartazz...............:laugh:

One of the disadvantages of the flippy caps is that it is almost impossible to keep debris out of the tanks. If I was carving with one I think I would have an air compressor handy and blow off the caps before fill ups. I don't think the problem is with the oil system but with crud getting in the tanks. Brushing the caps off before opening helps but doesn't eliminate the issue.

I would be thankful - the filter is doing its job.
3 possible routes for dust ingress. 1, through the filler/cap. 2, through the breather. 3, contaminated oil or dirty funnel. Eliminate the dust ingress, eliminate the problem.
Sorry if I am stating the obvious, but often it helps to just break things down into simple thoughts.

Back