ms201tc-m loading up at idle

• Thread starter Deleted member 135597
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the damn thing is camera shy. It performed flawlessly with the same conditions when it was acting up. Same temps etc. I will upload what footage I got if I could figure out how. I guess I will put the dealer on notice of the issue I was having and see if he wants to see the saw anyway.

I was just out running it again. It's a completely different saw then when it was having issues. Spools right up from idle without a hiccup, just like one would expect from a $600 pro saw. Only thing I noticed and not sure if I'm being picky is there is sometimes a slight rise in rpm after it goes to idle and then it settles back down. I'm talking slight like maybe 100-200 rpm. To explain better, I let off the throttle, it goes to idle, rises slightly then drops back down. I can't get videos to upload. I guess they are too big

I was just out running it again. It's a completely different saw then when it was having issues. Spools right up from idle without a hiccup, just like one would expect from a $600 pro saw. Only thing I noticed and not sure if I'm being picky is there is sometimes a slight rise in rpm after it goes to idle and then it settles back down. I'm talking slight like maybe 100-200 rpm. To explain better, I let off the throttle, it goes to idle, rises slightly then drops back down. I can't get videos to upload. I guess they are too big
That behavior seems to be normal to MTronic saws. Glad it's running good for you.

Brad is that behaviour in MTronic saws short term (10-15 Tanks) or long term activity.

I must respectfully submit the vast majority of MTronic saws do not act that way. I do sales and service so the sheer volume of MTronic saws that are sold never come back for any sort of service.. save new chains or damage from being dropped. I can ask one of the dedicated wrench monkeys in the back and they only see what comes in for service, not what goes out on the sales floor.

I'm dropping this saw off at dealer today. It's acting up again. Very frustrating. Yesterday I wanted to drop kick it instead of drop start it when it kept bogging and dying. Soon as I setup for video it stopped doing it AGAIN. I'm telling them that I don't want the saw back without something being changed such as the carb solenoid.

Who's got the part number for the carb solenoid. Dealers "mechanic" isn't gonna be back till after the newyear.

Latest posts

Back