MS241 C-M, B&C options

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any decent dealer will put the bar and chain of your choice on it.
I'd like to try .325 on mine, just because.. just haven't got around to it yet. Buy it and try it, grab a picco setup down the road also... See what suits you best. You'll love that saw with either setup.

Any decent dealer will put the bar and chain of your choice on it.
I'd like to try .325 on mine, just because.. just haven't got around to it yet. Buy it and try it, grab a picco setup down the road also... See what suits you best. You'll love that saw with either setup.
I really like .325 but running it on a 241, or say a Dolmar 421 is not the correct application IMHO. PS63 chain is a game changer IMHO, and 50cc saws like it too.[emoji106]

Thank you for your info. But yes I was told it's coming with a rim drive. It's a 7t rim.

This guy said the same thing https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/ms241c-14-picco-and-rim.301717/ .

(deleted all the other gobby gunk to make easy to read)

I'd be surprised if it comes new out of the box with a rim on it from the factory.

None of the 241's I had came with a rim, all had spurs.

Your dealer can swap it out at time of setup, but....new out of box it's going to have spur on it.

I really like .325 but running it on a 241, or say a Dolmar 421 is not the correct application IMHO. PS63 chain is a game changer IMHO, and 50cc saws like it too.[emoji106]

I see where you are coming from. I have PS on mine. The only thing I don't care for is sharpening it (after it's been used about 25% of tooth length). 5/32 files are coarse (based on the small radius of the file I guess), not a big fan of them either.
The first couple filings I use a 3/16, and that ps will really come alive.

Brad, My Stihl 025 came with .325 chain. It's run just fine since 1999. What is the reason not to run .325 on the MS241?
.325 puts more load on the saw. The PS chain allow the rpm's to stay up, yet it also cuts much more efficiently/faster on these smaller saws. There is nothing inherently wrong with .325

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

They don't come with that chain. You might be shopping for a dealer for a while.

As already said, don't ruin that saw with .325.

This is going to sound harsh, but you just need to buy a saw and run it. You're WAY over complicating everything.

Actually Brad I greatly respect your opinion. I just want it to cut the best it can. I want a yellow chain, that's all.

Why isn't there a PS chain listed on Stihl's site? Will the RS do the same thing or does it have to be low profile?

Well, I was just told my saw has came in. But Stihl regulations say it has to leave with a "green" chain on it.

You guys were right, or the guy putting it together is wrong. It had a 6 tooth spur sprocket on it.

Latest posts

Back