MS241 from outside the US?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pav

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Is it possible to get a Stihl MS241cm shipped in from outside the US???

I got broke into recently and my favorite saw, the 241 was stolen. I see that they don't offer it in the US anymore, and I still would REALLY like to find a new one to replace it. Any thoughts on if there is a possibility to acquire a new one??? I've called multiple dealers near me (south Texas) but they don't have anything.

Worst case scenario, what would replace it? I also have a MS362cm they didn't get.

I got broke into recently and my favorite saw, the 241 was stolen. I see that they don't offer it in the US anymore, and I still would REALLY like to find a new one to replace it. Any thoughts on if there is a possibility to acquire a new one??? I've called multiple dealers near me (south Texas) but they don't have anything.

Worst case scenario, what would replace it? I also have a MS362cm they didn't get.
261 is only a pound heavier, and a great saw.

Sorry to hear you got ripped. If you have it report the serial number to your stihl dealer. They have a stolen saws database in case it turns up at another dealer. Just went through this myself. (They didn't get my 241). Like the jolly logger said the 261 is a great saw for a replacement. Good luck.
Also post over in the lost and stolen saws thread. The more eyes looking the better.

So sorry to hear that man. I've been broken in to before. Not many things I hate worse than a thrift. There was a guy from another country that had one for sale a while back. Can't remember who it was. Hopefully someone here knows.

Sorry to hear you got ripped. If you have it report the serial number to your stihl dealer. They have a stolen saws database in case it turns up at another dealer. Just went through this myself. (They didn't get my 241). Like the jolly logger said the 261 is a great saw for a replacement. Good luck.
Also post over in the lost and stolen saws thread. The more eyes looking the better.
I did report to Stihl and they added to the database. I also added a thread in the stolen section (thanks for the suggestion).

I have a 241 I would be willing to sell. Bought new in11/2017. It is in near-new shape with probably less than 5-10 hours. Includes a 16 and 18 bar with 7 chains. It is a very fun, snappy saw that I nicknamed Wildcat. $625.00 plus shipping. Jon

Attachments

• DSCF1404.JPG
    DSCF1404.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 28
  • DSCF1405.JPG
    DSCF1405.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 29
  • DSCF1405.JPG
    DSCF1405.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 29
  • DSCF1407.JPG
    DSCF1407.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 29
I have a 241 I would be willing to sell. Bought new in11/2017. It is in near-new shape with probably less than 5-10 hours. Includes a 16 and 18 bar with 7 chains. It is a very fun, snappy saw that I nicknamed Wildcat. $625.00 plus shipping. Jon
Thanks for the offer Jon. I appreciate it. I have a few leads out for a new one, so I am exhausting my options there first.

How about searching online stores and try the buy button.
No doubt the 261 is perfect, just a pound too heavy for me to like it.

For many years as I worked as a timber feller, I considered any saw under 80cc's as little. I logged with a 480 Husky for a few years, but reached for my 2100 and 281s and then 288s several times a day.
Since I've been out of the woods and up in the trees as an arborist, I've run several top handles. Stihl 200Ts, 020Ts, Husky 335XPs and 338XPs, Husky 540Ts, MS 192, Echo CS271T and
cs2511Ts. With all my experience and a little snobbery about the need for saw horsepower, the very first saw I would have the groundie tie to my climbing line would be a hopped up CS2511T. That said, the Echo would have a gutted muffler, 12" or even 14" bar with Bailey's Carlton full chisel 3/8ths LP chain, rakers lowered slightly, appropriately tuned with defeated carb screw limiters.
Do your best to find and handle a 2511. It will feel not much heavier and just as maneuverable as a 16" Silky Sugoi. For the rare cut you need to make in diameter beyond the bar length, just use it. or pull up a slightly bigger "baby saw". We'll pull up an MS250 or a 550XP when we need more bar length.

If one at a time it sure could get tiring.
I dont know too much about it, just happy I got it. Best saw ever made.
That is in the presence of your excellency even as good as the 200.

While that's an option, I'd rather them not charge my card then call me and say oh we don't have one and wait for a refund.

Don't think I wasn't tempted to do that though lol!

Definitely shows how it's a matter of perspective. I used to wish they would come out with an ms261t, because you could almost one hand it in the tree, lol

I feel you pain and I am terribly sorry for your loss. I truly like and would not part with my little 241, I actually retired it since they stopped selling them here.
I was going to buy another new one from a member here, but ended up getting the 500i and 661 last year so there went my play money
Even with my fondness for the 241, I will throw in another vote for the new 261. I upgraded mine to 16" 3/8" x .50 bar, chain, and rim sprocket. What few I have allowed to cut with it to try it say that saw is nothing but a little animal.

I feel you pain and I am terribly sorry for your loss. I truly like and would not part with my little 241, I actually retired it since they stopped selling them here.
I was going to buy another new one from a member here, but ended up getting the 500i and 661 last year so there went my play money
Even with my fondness for the 241, I will throw in another vote for the new 261. I upgraded mine to 16" 3/8" x .50 bar, chain, and rim sprocket. What few I have allowed to cut with it to try it say that saw is nothing but a little animal.
Thanks Stihl99. I haven't ruled the 261 out yet either, so that could still be a possibility for me. Did you use Stihl brand components for the 3/8 x .50 upgrade?

Latest posts

Back