MS241C Discontinued 2+ years ago?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn this is an expensive forum to read!
5fe4cb965540d203dad51b870bb87a14.jpg

Just brought this home today. $482 out the door with the extended warranty. Can’t wait to see how it performs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, if it hadn't been 120 mile round trip, I woulda bought an old 026 Pro.
Figured that was about as close as I felt like keepin up with the Jones's at the moment.

I'm sure that 241 is a fantastic saw to use. And I'm sure Waylon really meant chainsaws tuned right...

Gents,
I see a great deal of 530.0o ish for the 241. What are they including with the saw? Just trying to see how bad my dealer is trying to work me over. I'm probably in at that price but can't see spending an extra hundo on one.

Gents,
I see a great deal of 530.0o ish for the 241. What are they including with the saw? Just trying to see how bad my dealer is trying to work me over. I'm probably in at that price but can't see spending an extra hundo on one.
16 in bar and chain inc and that is the total price with tax.

Gotcha ty...he was trying to offer me an extra 2 yr warranty pushing price to 630. I've never purchased a Stihl new didn't know they had an "additional" warranty that could be purchased. They had it tagged exactly at MSRP 549.95, then he offered me his best deal...saw/14" bar/chain, 6 bottles of oil and extended 2 yr warranty for 640.00 OTD. I coughed rather loud and said I had to go.

Gotcha ty...he was trying to offer me an extra 2 yr warranty pushing price to 630. I've never purchased a Stihl new didn't know they had an "additional" warranty that could be purchased. They had it tagged exactly at MSRP 549.95, then he offered me his best deal...saw/14" bar/chain, 6 bottles of oil and extended 2 yr warranty for 640.00 OTD. I coughed rather loud and said I had to go.
Tell him you know other people that are paying 500.00 without the tax he can add that and he has a deal. Comes with the bar and chain at this price also. Any other dealers this ones a crook?

I believe the Stihl deal was if you bought the 6 pack of oil when you bought the saw the warranty was automatically extended to 2 years. Check the Stihl website . I think your dealer is giving you a hosing. The MSRP tag at my dealer was $539 with 16" bar.
Edit . This is not for commercial use. You are a homeowner.:rolleyes:

Most dealers around me will not budge whatsoever on the MSRP price, unless you buy multiple saws at once. They will however throw in an additional couple loops of chain or a case or maybe some other accessories. They list for 549 locally with a 16 inch bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't bought anything from this guy since 1996 (JD lawn mower). He rubs me the wrong way and I'm guessing he thinks I'm stupid. Part of a chain of four JD dealers I'm going to call one of the other stores, they all also carry Stihl.
Try the lumber yard off cedar springs exit, the guys in there have been the best I've dealt with for stihl parts.
The guy even let me tear down a 441 on the sales counter to see if it was the oiler or just the worm drive, it was just the worm drive, who lets you do that these days.

Try the limber yard off cedar springs exit, the guys in there have been the best I've dealt with for stihl parts.
The guy even let me tear down a 441 on the sales counter to see if it was the oiler or just the worm drive, it was just the worm drive, who lets you do that these days.
Old school dudes are the best by far!

Latest posts

Back