• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold MS261 w MM and Timing Advance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgb84

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have a nice MS261 up for sale. It has a muffler mod and an ignition timing advance completed by Brad Snelling. I mounted a works connection tach to the handle and tuned it to 13.9-14k . It is a great saw and if I were to estimate, I would put it at less than 10 hours run time. It has always been run on ethanol free gas and stihl ultra @ 45:1. It will come with a 3/8 sprocket, sharp loop of 3/8 with some life left and an almost new 16" Stihl ES bar. The saw is dirty, but I will clean it up some for the buyer. This is an outstanding saw and has no problems at all. The only blemish at all is a scratch on the bottom of the crankcase that can be seen in the photos. I much prefer a postal money order and will take $475 shipped.

Stihl 1.jpg Stihl 2.jpg Stihl 3.jpg Stihl 4.jpg Stihl 5.jpg Stihl 6.jpg Stihl 7.jpg Stihl 8.jpg Stihl 9.jpg

Last edited:
Back