MS310 took one for the team, HELP with aftermath....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 30-35 miles east of Toledo. I might take you up on that. Let me know, and maybe we can work something out.

I've got all kinds of PMs coming in with offers on parts, and help. I'm blown away by this, you guys are truly awesome.

I'm thinking now that I'm going to fix this on my own (maybe with some help of course from you fine folks). I just got a PM from another Arboristsite member that can get me all the factory new parts I need for less than $125 shipped to my door (case/tank, side cover, 20" car, 20" chain). I'm one of those anal, picky types who likes my stuff to be as nice as possible. So, this might be the best bet on the 310.

So, I think I'm going to go that route, then sell off the 032 (which runs, and is in great shape for it's age, just needs tuned I think).
You can do what you want, but I think I would keep the 032.If it needs a tune up that will be dirt cheap and very easy to do. It might not be as fast as the newer 310, but it should still be cutting wood long after your rebuilt 310 has gone belly up. As long as the ignition coil stays working it's hard to wear out an old 031-032 saw with proper care.

Last edited:
You can do what you want, but I think I would keep the 032.If it needs a tune up that will be dirt cheap and very easy to do. It might not be as fast as the newer 310, but it should still be cutting wood long after your rebuilt 310 has gone belly up. As long as the ignition coil stays working it's hard to wear out an old 031-032 saw with proper care.

Honestly, I might hang on to it. I'm going to see if sefh3 cares to look at it when we hook up. One thing I really like about the 032 is the metal construction. Feels like a tank that can take a beating :)

-Will

I have some new MS290 parts pm me a list of what you need. I'll see what In have.

Scott

Thanks Scott, however I think I have everything in order now.

All the parts should be on their way today or tomorrow, so hopefully next week I'll have everything to tear into the 310.

Thanks again everyone, I'll be sure to update once it's up an running!!! May try and muff mod her finally too, since she will all be apart :)

I'm about 10 minutes from Toledo. If you want to bring your parts and saws over we can get it back together and running.

You my friend Rock!

You have a PM. Hopefully we can hook up in the next week or so, if that works for you. I'm hoping to have all the parts by mid-week.

-Will

Update

Little update here folks, the UPS fairy delivered some parts today, thanks to Bluto (aka Jim). I am still shocked that he sent these to me free of charge, he saved me close to $200 if going by my local dealers pricing. God Bless you Jim!!

Also got notification that the other parts I ordered from another AS member (Sprocket/side cover, bar/chains, etc.) are also on their way and should be here Monday.

Hoping to have her going next week sometime, pics of her back in working order will follow.

She's ALIVE

Just got back a couple hours ago from sefh3's house, and the MS310 is back in action. I'll get pics up tomorrow if possible.

sefh3 is an amazing guy folks, who did me right on this saw. He also hooked me up with the perfect trimming/brush saw, a MS180c. I couldn't be happier.

Tomorrow's plan is to go finish off the tree that damaged the 310, and give it and the 180 a good running.

Thanks again for everything AS!!

Yes you need to post some pictures of those saws working together.

That's a great idea man. I'll do my best. I'm hoping I can make it to Castalia tomorrow (where the tree is).

Indeed.

I'm still shocked.

God Bless all of you!

havent made it to the end yet But this is great,,, :msp_biggrin:

Awesome work guys!
Way to band together and help our brother AS member out!:rock:
Just wish I had something more to offer than Rep...

Yeah I've been blasting away rep to all,,, Good folks,, wish I was closer,, I just did a swap for a guy who borrowed a saw and busted the tank,,, took me an hour and a half,,, and it was running but that was removing the motor on a scored piston saw to get the tanks, tearing the busted case saw down to get the good Motor,,, and putting it all back together,,, oh and did I mention I forgot to use penetrant on the muffler bolts and busted one off!!!!

Great read,,, Good story!!!

Im thinking bluto needs rep!

Yep already did it !!!!

Last edited:
Just got back a couple hours ago from sefh3's house, and the MS310 is back in action. I'll get pics up tomorrow if possible.

sefh3 is an amazing guy folks, who did me right on this saw. He also hooked me up with the perfect trimming/brush saw, a MS180c. I couldn't be happier.

Tomorrow's plan is to go finish off the tree that damaged the 310, and give it and the 180 a good running.

Thanks again for everything AS!!

Awesome!!!

Here are the pics

Well, i wasn't able to make it up to the Father-in-laws to cut the tree (Wife had to work at the stables tonight), but I did get some new pics (crappy ones, LOL).

The MS310 fixed:
ms310-fixed1.jpg

ms310-fixed2.jpg

The 310's new little brother:
ms310-ms180-1.jpg

ms310-ms180-2.jpg

And, you'd think today was my birthday. On top of getting paid (once a month schedule is TOUGH) and the Wife allowing me to make my final parts order for my AR15 project, I get this in the mail from the amazing bluto with some notes and instructions:

ms310-muff.jpg

I was thinking about a muff mod, but wasn't 100% sold on it. With this, I can't go wrong and have to try it out now!!!

Thanks again to all that helped out! You guys are amazing for sure. :rockn::rock:

God Bless,

-Will

Back