Ms361 oil problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henry-krinkle

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a problem with my oil pump I think. I recently rebuilt a 361 and without the guidance here would never happen. The saw went together perfectly, the saw absolutely rips. After running it with a bar and oil, it seems no oil is getting to the bar at all. Seems like the gets to the pump and then it ends up all in the clutch side. I figured that the oil pump might be loose so I open the clutch side up and everything looks like it's seated properly. Do you guys think the pump is shot or the weep hole clogged?

Here's photo of the saw
image.jpg

Since you had it torn down so far, did you replace the sealing ring on the discharge side of the pump? From your description of the leak, it sounds like it's not even there. P/N 1122 649 5000

Since you had it torn down so far, did you replace the sealing ring on the discharge side of the pump? From your description of the leak, it sounds like it's not even there. P/N 1122 649 5000

No I actually didn't replace that part, I'll do that next, hopefully that will remdy the oil issue. Thanks man

Back