MS361 What changes should I make with a 24" bar ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinj

Whatarya, Goofy?
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago, A storm came through, and took down many big trees around my property.
In this part of the state 36 dbh Oak tree is a fairly large tree. So I help my friend out with my 361, and cut the trunk into 8 ft. lenghts.
He was impressed and very thankfull. In return, he showed his gratitude with this Oregon 24" bar, and 2 sets of Oregon chains.
This just goes to show ya...

" Good Saws, make Good Neighbors."

:clap:

So, what I'm asking is,
With a longer bar, are there adjustments I should make ???

Such as oil flow ?
Sprocket size ?
etc...

Thanks for your help...
I'll be back tomorrow...

Kevin

attachment.php

Last edited:
So, what I'm asking is,
With a longer bar, are there adjustments I should make ???

Such as oil flow ?
Sprocket size ?
etc...

Kevin

Max oil flow, run full skip chain (if you are cutting hardwoods) and definitely stick with a 7-pin sprocket. Longer bar will put a slightly larger load on the saw - make sure the saw is tuned properly by using a tach, or listening for a burble at WOT.

Josh

nice saw

one thing lower yur riders a few thou:chainsaw: . also run full skip less load on yur saw. enjoy runnin it .the 361 aint the really aggressive went mated with a 24" the 361 is better with a 18" bar.
just my beer monies worth
cheers mates

Max oil flow, run full skip chain (if you are cutting hardwoods) and definitely stick with a 7-pin sprocket. Longer bar will put a slightly larger load on the saw - make sure the saw is tuned properly by using a tach, or listening for a burble at WOT.

Josh

+1... but real hard to tune a 361 by ear... Not much of a burble at all and most end up setting it way to rich.

You shouldn't need to change anything about the H mixture anyhow when changing bar size.

Don't need to do anything but max out the oiler.:)

My 361 has had the Stihl 25" ES bar on it from the day it came home from the dealer.:cheers:

I have had the muffler modded, and that has really helped the saw out. But then again... what saw doesn't benefit from a correctly done muffler mod. Thanks Andy!:cheers:

Gary

I know it goes without saying here but keep the chain sharp! :chainsawguy:

Back