Ms362 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlh

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
is there an oiler on this saw if so where because i really cant find it the manual says its a screw right next to the little symbol with the E but on my saw there is no screw there i bought the saw from a dealer new about three weeks ago.

Are you looking for the screw to increase the output of the oiler?
If so, it's on the bottom of the saw, there's a little hole you put a screwdriver into and turn it clockwise, to increase the oil output.

Your dealer should have gone over this saw with you. I have never seen a 362 but on most of the stihls I have owned, the oiler adjustment is a small recessed screw on the belly of the saw. You will need to use the small yellow handled screwdriver that came with the saw to adjust it. Be careful, it will only move about 90 degrees from low to high and you can strip out the screw. Follow the diagram imprinted on the saw and carefully turn it to max. You can forget about it afterward. If you have any questions, haul it back to your dealer and have them show you how to adjust it.

Here's a pic of the bottom of the 362 with the screwdriver in the adjustment hole, it's really small on this saw so it's a little hard to find if you don't know exactly what to look for.

attachment.php

I had the same problem finding the oiler screw.

The booklet didn't define where exactly the oiler hole was, but showed a photo of the underside, with the diagram on that little cover. The first thing I did was try to pry off the cover with the diagram etched on it. WRONG. Then I took a closer look at the underside, and still couldn't find the damm thing. Finally I took the saw to the dealer, and he couldn't find the oiler, so he called Stihl, and they didn't know where the screw was.

Eventually, the Stihl rep. called the dealer back, and let them know the oiler screw was in the crevasse that “Andyshine’s” photo clearly shows.

I wish I had been smart enough to ask this question here earlier!!

Richard

Here's a pic of the bottom of the 362 with the screwdriver in the adjustment hole, it's really small on this saw so it's a little hard to find if you don't know exactly what to look for.
i've had other things that were recessed and equally had to locate, especially if you are working at night.

i've had other things that were recessed and equally had to locate, especially if you are working at night.

Yeah, but with those things there's usually feedback.

If you say that a 362 came with a little yellow (orange) screwdriver, would a 441 have come with one also? I purchased a 441 about a week and a half ago and the only thing that came with my saw was a owner's manual and a spark plug wrench. I even asked "is this everything that comes with my saw?" and they said yes. If it was supposed to have come with a screwdriver, I feel a little cheated. Is there anything else that I didn't get?

If you say that a 362 came with a little yellow (orange) screwdriver, would a 441 have come with one also? I purchased a 441 about a week and a half ago and the only thing that came with my saw was a owner's manual and a spark plug wrench. I even asked "is this everything that comes with my saw?" and they said yes. If it was supposed to have come with a screwdriver, I feel a little cheated. Is there anything else that I didn't get?

Most dealers don't give out the screwdriver. You don't need it i'm sure you have one already. But yes, every saw comes with a plug wrench, manual, and screwdriver.

You should have gotten a chainsaw safety manual also.

Like Mow said every saw comes with a carb tuning screwdriver, but most dealers don't give them to costumers because they don't know how to use them properly. I get them free by the fist full from my dealer.

Last edited:

I knew the moment I said hole what would happen to this thread hahahaha.

Back