MS440 Reborn

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is funny how many people are saying they would buy one if they were available........ they are available you just gotta look. i posted a thread looking for NOS 440s and got at least 12 PMs on here about new 440s out there for sale.

I'm betting Randy found himself some NOS MS440's, or is building them from parts. There is no mentioning of the MS440 returning from Stihl, officially or unofficially. So guys Randy maybe selling some shortly but they're not new production saws, they're NOS saws.

It's an ad for his deal on chains. I have no idea who Randy is, sounds like some folks here have done business with him, but I strongly suspect that if you call (no, I'm not going to) you're going to hear about the chain deal, not a MS440...

...but WTFDIK?

I think it is funny how many people are saying they would buy one if they were available........ they are available you just gotta look. i posted a thread looking for NOS 440s and got at least 12 PMs on here about new 440s out there for sale.

Isn't that the truth. When I bought my new 440 last year, they had a whole pallet of them, no kidding. They had stocked up on them for their customers. They were not for sale in bulk.

Apparently, the 440 wasn't available in Norway, or so I've been led to believe.

Which sucks, as it's the only saw I'd like to try as a worksaw over my Jred.

His name is rich,not randy. Spoke to him as well as bryan equip today. There will,mark my words, be a 1 year run of ms440's. They will be avail for order in 1-2 mos. They will be avail. In the p.n.w. First. Bryan equip will be able to get them in april.

They must have got enough credits to put a run out like husky kept doing to the 372.

Why the heck would stihl reintroduce the ms440? The ms441 is such a way better saw. Better anti-vibe, better air filtration, way better on fuel, it just feels so good and sells like free beer. Nope, I am just not buying it.

std, are you staking your reputation on this?
call 541 863 5387 for yourself please,all i know is what i was told....what rep. Would that be? No one believed me about the 362,its here,again the 261,it was here last fall. What else can i say? I am passing along what i believe to be credible info from 2 very good people.

I own a 460r,and have never ran a 440. Can't believe it is that much lighter to justify? Maybe it is,but i love my 460.

I inquied about it and was told they were coming back. Was not told a time frame or price but only that it was coming back.

They will come with a higher price tag of course.

Last edited:
They must have got enough credits to put a run out like husky kept doing to the 372.

Mike, it's funny you say that. THALL started a thread about a meeting he went to where he was told that husky and stihl have met EPA standards and don't need to make more changes.

Back