Ms440=TorqueMeister

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Found a 440 that was ordered but customer never came in to purchase.
Originally had a 36" bar. Had them change out to 20". This saw has the flattest torque curve of anything I own. It would be interesting to see the dyno charts on the saw. It pulls from near idle in a clean strong line all the way up. No dips, no stalls, just clean and strong. It does buzz a bit, but it is
light in the hand for a 5+ hp saw.

mark

Stihl 44 440 rule

wish i still had my old fallin 044 cut like a pissed off beaver. tried one them newer sawz and it felt like a glass slipper in balance and power too torque the way a real saw is supposed too feeel,no stumble just raw power. the 44 or 440 is the best woods saws Stihl makes. Slap a Full wrap handle Full set of Dawgs and a28" Bar Full With Skip with lowered riders and let it surprise ya :chainsawguy: :bowdown:
Just my beer monies worth
cheers mates

I want an 044/440 arctic - anyone have one, or know of one that is available?

Found a 440 that was ordered but customer never came in to purchase.
Originally had a 36" bar. Had them change out to 20". This saw has the flattest torque curve of anything I own. It would be interesting to see the dyno charts on the saw. It pulls from near idle in a clean strong line all the way up. No dips, no stalls, just clean and strong. It does buzz a bit, but it is
light in the hand for a 5+ hp saw.

mark

This is why I bought as many as I could get my hands on when I heard they were soon gonna be no longer available.I've been running 044/440's since the early 90's.During that time,I've also used every other saw that's supposed to compare with the mighty 440,and none comes close to the lightweight vs. power that the 440 has.Plus it's better balanced than any of the rest of the competition.I wished I could find another couple of them....Give it about 20 tanks of gas,and you'll really be impressed.Everyone will tell you different as far as break in time,but the 440 always seems to take a bit longer to get broke in.To mention,if you take care of it they are seemingly bulletproof.I have one that was bought back in 97.It hasn't been used every single day,but close and it still runs as good as a new one.

Check his sig...he owns both a 2171 and an 044!!!

Now if THAT ain't conclusive proof, I don't know what is... :D

Stihls have never "fit" me right and the 044/440 is no different. I got rid of my 372XP because it didn't "fit" either. I think the future will see my Stihls and most of the Husqvarnas leaving. The only way to know is to find out, and now I know.

Stihls have never "fit" me right and the 044/440 is no different. I got rid of my 372XP because it didn't "fit" either. I think the future will see my Stihls and most of the Husqvarnas leaving. The only way to know is to find out, and now I know.

See there gentlemen? Once you had red and black, you can't go back! :clap: :clap:

With the certain exception of the Jonsered 2171 and Husky 372, you are correct!! :deadhorse:

You know it, manny knows it, everyone knows the 044/440 has proven itself. Ask the loggers if they even heard of the 2171, not many. The 372 is a good saw but no 440.:)

Check his sig...he owns both a 2171 and an 044!!!

Now if THAT ain't conclusive proof, I don't know what is... :D

If I own a 044 and the 2171's twin "sister" does that mean I can chime in, good, thank ya, thank ya very much. Give me the 044,LOL

The 440 is the only saw I have sold and regretted.
attachment.php

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

You see there? Ol' Tommy's sad...you see all them 'o's...that's pretty bad--looks to me like it could be clinical depression.

No fear, though, the good Dr. Woodie is in the house...I'm gonna prescribe a 70cc shot a'Jonsered for you my man...that'll cure you right up and get a smile back on ya face!!!

Back