Ms440=TorqueMeister

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 441 is a dawg, ARF ARF ARF. Maybe you don't notice. But run it in a douglas fir at 9000+ above sea level and its weak and sssssllllloooooowwww. Dont worry though peacock, the 575 is right there with it.

And the if the cobalt replaced the cavalier, then where is the Camaro hmmmmmmmm????????? Chevy just didn't want to say it because it would PO the rednecks, but with cobalt LT LS an SS models, I think its pretty clear.

Yeah, I've heard it sucks at altitude. It sure does rip down here though. I'm not really a Stihl head, they are just what I have and like the feel of, so the 575 doesn't matter to me at all.

The Cobalt is without any doubt NOT a replacement for the Camaro. The Camaro died because it didn't sell. I've had 2 LS1 cars myself and they are just terribly impractical.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

It isn't even a question,the 460 is definately stronger,but feels much heavier than the 440.By spec sheet,Stihl claims it's only a pound heavier but it feels like more than that by the end of the day.

Even though the 460 is stronger,the 440 will still do everything the 460 will,and with some mild tweaks inside the engine you can easily make the 440 stronger.If I absolutely need a bigger saw to make a felling cut,then I will break out the 395 or 660.Then usually I'll just make my felling cut and put the big saw back up again.

I wouldn't say the 440 is a better saw than the 460.I have both,and you can't help but fall in love with the 460.
Too bad the 440's are all gone, everyplace I call is out of them. I was going to get a 361, but then had a chance to use a few larger saws. Looks like it will be a 460 unless I get lucky and find a 440.

Not to get too far off topic... but I think Chevy was tryin' to cash in on the "Sport Compact" (rice rocket, rice boys) crowd with the POS Cobalt.

The "new" Camaro better be a doozy... cuz Chevy has been lackin' in the modern muscle era.

Sucks for all us Chevy fans.:taped:

Garuy

How's it going Garuy. I like the name change.

Joaut

It is tight in there but once you figure out the short cuts they are pretty easy. I like the way the engine comes out with the cradle. A "LSX" based motor is hard to beat for making gobs of power.:rockn:

ive got an LT1 Camaro and they aren't to bad to work on...once u get them figured out..u sure can get alot out of them motors w/o ever having to get into them..exhause, air cleaner, and fuel system.. and they are no slouch in stock form

ive got an LT1 Camaro and they aren't to bad to work on...once u get them figured out..u sure can get alot out of them motors w/o ever having to get into them..exhause, air cleaner, and fuel system.. and they are no slouch in stock form

Yep, I had a 96 Z28. I loved that car:(

My dealer thinks he may have a 440 in stock. He is going to check and get back to me today or tomorrow. Is $640.00 too much for just a powerhead?

Oddly, the 440 wasn't in the model lineup here.......:popcorn: :givebeer:

We have real trees over here:cheers:

Ha ha - the 460, 660 and 880 is here, just not the 440 - they probably deselected it from the line-up, because the 372xp would beat it in several ways.......:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Btw, the 441 is here, but I wonder what happens when the 461 arrives......,

Last edited:
I was quoted $699.00 to $729.00 for a 440 with the 25" bar "if" they had one. One place quoted $769.00!.

Back