MS441. Has anyone purchased one or have new info?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, but I'm trying to be patient. I have a 361 and would like to compare the 441 to the 460 as the next step up for me. If the catalog is correct and the two weigh the same, but the 441 only has minimal power gains over the 440, then I'd probably lean toward the 460.

Greg Lees said:
If the catalog is correct and the two weigh the same, but the 441 only has minimal power gains over the 440, then I'd probably lean toward the 460.

Uh, I would. The stratofied charge filtration or injection or whatever, isn't worth the weight to me. If you're gonna lug it around all day, it should pull it's own weight. The A/V might be nice though.

Jeff

The weight add is deliberate and almost all in the crankcase casting. It's part of a new series of long life engines. They say 30% extra life. I'll buy that any day.

The 440 is a very nice saw though...

Last edited:
A dealer told me last week that they actually are available here, but he had none in stock.
I can't blame him, as even 60 cc saws are rarely sold here....

Talked to my dealer in mid-TN today and he said the tech dept. @ Virginia Beach told him the release has been delayed...Don't know if that means the last day of spring or summer or fall...

Greg

They are about a month out... or so I've been told.. That makes it "very late spring", by calendar, but it's definitely summer here (for a few days).

Latest posts

Back