MS441 R C-M M-Tronic Review and Mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it costs you a extra $50 to get a standard handle so be it,all the other extras that come with the wrap model are worth it anyway.:smile2:

Yep, the extra money is well spent on those Mtronics even if you have to pay extra to get the correct handle for it. I have enough of them, that I'm going to make chandiler out of them like they do with the deer antlers, LOL.

Sam

The 441 is ported and back together. I took it out, but there was something wrong with it. It wouldn't idle down, was running pig rich, so rich that it faltered off idle, and just wasn't right. I brought it home, removed the carb, checked things over, and put it back together. I also installed a new spark plug. It's now running perfect, instant throttle response, perfect idle, just a completely different animal. Unfortunately it's dark, and I won't be able to run it again until next week.

if it breaks down your out time and time is money in production falling, if your a pro the warranty is only 90 days on a stihl. i dont like the thought of having a saw tat i cant go to the truck and open up my saw box and grab the parts i need to get me back out on the job. of course most of the time i have a spare saw with me but i dont want to have to rely on a spare to make it through the day. i just dont really like the fact that the electronics to be diagnosed the saw needs to be plugged in to a computer. when things get to the point that the tried and true current models arent feasable to fix whether it be cost or availability ill get with the times. till then ill stick with what i know.

I wished I would have run a 441 at the gtg but I guess it will have to wait till spring now.

Besides pulling a 28" bar better, what would be my thoughts of a Stihl 440 woods ported with a pop-up after running my Husky 372 woods ported with a pop-up? Like difference in feel, and fuel milage(milage not a big deal, I'd just like to know)? I love a 24" bar on this size saw so thats what would be on it.

Sorry bout the jack Brad, but I just don't like to start new threads.

the only way a homeowner can get 2 years on the warranty here is to buy the 6 pack of ultra.

I wished I would have run a 441 at the gtg but I guess it will have to wait till spring now.

Besides pulling a 28" bar better, what would be my thoughts of a Stihl 440 woods ported with a pop-up after running my Husky 372 woods ported with a pop-up? Like difference in feel, and fuel milage(milage not a big deal, I'd just like to know)? I love a 24" bar on this size saw so thats what would be on it.

Sorry bout the jack Brad, but I just don't like to start new threads.

If you don't live to far from Young, see if you can run his 44/460 hybrid.

Here a vid of the 441 C-M ported. It's wearing a 28" B&C with a 7-pin rim. The chain is Stihl RSC33. The wood is the crotch of a Pin Oak that's been down a little more than a year. There were several limbs coming out of this huge crotch and it's extremely hard wood.

Something's still not quite right with this saw. Saturday it wouldn't idle down. I pulled the carb, replaced the plug, and it seemed fine. Now tonight, it was idling fine, but was way rich off idle, causing it to stutter. The saw ran great though once off idle. That's the state it was in in this video. I later pulled the entire intake tract off and put it back on. It now doesn't stutter off idle, but the idle hunts around a little. Tomorrow I think I'll pull the jug and make sure everything's sealed up there. The saw runs great, but can't seem to get everything ironed out like I want. In the mean time, here she is.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lzpp0-PyvDo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Holding a lot of R's in some serious wood.

Got a decent price (I think) today on a 576AT, you up for porting one of those if I snatch it?

Latest posts

Back