MS441 R C-M M-Tronic Review and Mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MM- 441 muffler mod!!

Did a MM last week and finally took the time to take a couple pics.
attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 199001View attachment 199002

Have just got some genuine mod stihl mufflers back for fitting and involved nothing more than 34mm dia hole and knerl-ended s/s pipe and a Vgood s/s welder. After tune the power is sme as 460 but does need more bar oil and juice.
chain is RSC3/8 and bar is 25" duro E or 30" duro E or 16" duromatic but am Very happy so what ever. All run on stihl oils and Ultra oilfor petrol. Thanks.

Last edited:
Just picked up my 441RCM and got to use it for about 5 minutes....

Not initially very impressed - thought it would have a lot more power and the choke lever is super low budget. The choke literally feels like it's bending when putting in on. I have to read the manual tonight to make sure I'm doing everything correctly and there isn't some special procedure.

Anyway, I'm hoping it will come alive after a few tanks of gas like others reported. The stock bar oiling setting might need to be adjusted for a 25" bar.

-Greg

You have to depress the gas before you push the choke lever.

Ya right Al,but i wont her to feel at home cutting soft wood first then slowly get into the good stuff,dont wont her to see the hard stuff straight off and put her hands in the air and wont to go home.:msp_rolleyes:

Heh there's that "eat a peach" guy in this this thread now.

He's eventually gonna have to post and tell us all why he chose that name, lol.
Big fan of southern blues rock. The original Allman Brothers Band with Duane Allman had an album named Eat A Peach. One of my alltime favorites. I was listening to it when I found this site hence the name.:D

Latest posts

Back