MS461 vs MS440/460 Hybrid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did I tell you I got a Simington? :D

You did.

I think u need to work on your angles a bit though. They look a bit off....

3a01bab4.jpg

filed this one today. I got the rakers a bit to low originally, so I took some more off the tooth to try and help compensate,, and to put a bit more angle on the side.

IMG_20130303_181027_456_zps9155c88a.jpg

Filed 2 actually, one is for muh 346.:)

Last edited:
Ever been tempted to go to a GTG without saws? I have to admit, it has crossed my mind. Oh, forget it, you know I can't do that, lol:biggrin:

I think a couple people in WNY did that..... heard there was a lot of bacon.

Damm I wish I would of went to that GTG lol

Why are RPMs just as important to me as torque? Why do I want more RPMs out of the 461? I’m glad you asked Horsepower is a function of both. The highest HP is going to be found when you can make the most torque at the highest RPM.
How does this relate to chainsaws? Again, I’m glad you asked Chainsaw operation is all about chain speed in the cut. The more powerful a chainsaw is, the faster it will be through the cut. This cannot be accomplished without both torque and RPMs.
Torque is generally about low RPMs. HP is generally about high RPMs. Chainsaws do their work at WOT, i.e. high RPMs. While torque is important, RPMs are just as important.
To lose sight of either, is to build a saw with limitations. Torque only, results in a slow saw. RPM only, at the expense of torque, results in a saw that is peaky and difficult to operate. Neither one makes the best worksaw. The best worksaw is one that has a broad powerband, yet still makes great RPMs in the cut. My goal is to maximize both of these. Are there compromises to be made? Of course. But, it’s my belief that most saws can have both.
I propose to you that RPMs are just as important as torque. How do you see it? What do you want in a worksaw?
A great summary of my build philosophy, and these saws prove it.

Latest posts

Back