Ms650 Scam In Slovakia (europe)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tatra805

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just found this one on a local trading site.

Or the poor fellow was scr***ed and wants to get rid of it

Or the bastard is marketing these here

783103.jpg

783103.jpg

Any stihl dealer that thinks its worth reporting it to germany, send me a PM and i forward the details from where i found these.

Probably a home owner but if he is a victim he might be willing to supply info.

Last edited:
100% autentic China chainsaw!!!!!!! Stihl 650? only? why not ms 880 for example? :greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

Thing looks like a cross between a Dolmar and a Husky, but with Stihl tags.

Maybe it's a prototype stihl saw from the new China factory slipping through the borders. :)

Ian

Sawtroll,

I appreciate all your input on this forum greatly. Now regarding your last post i am not sure if i have to read it as you see eastern europe on the same level as china or if you only indicate a real possibility it is made overhere?

In first case, (and second i dont care) i am inviting you over to my place. Done crazier stuff so if you PM me that you are coming over i will not be shocked.
I am serious, Eastern europe is a laugh which a lot of people dont understand because indoctrination worked from both sides. ''eastern europe'' was during its dark ages the black spot for Big Russia and everything was done here to get them into the system and kill all personality (human and business wise).

This left these lucky eastern european guys after their revolutions with a useless industry, no more own products/knowledge/base and a brainwashed population.

Result 20 years later is that because of their economical and thus financial disadvantages these people were eating chinese made european food long before the rest of europe. It was the only payable solution. (same still very actual with eg child toys) And they did not have a protective proudness feeling we west europeans have, dont forget. Chinese made? so what?

Saying that they supported the chinese export would be overestimating this small amount of people compared to the chinese market.

In any case, manufacturing a chainsaw in eastern europe to drop it in the market as copy at a price of 300 euro ?????

We are producing here because transport time - cost and intelectual property rights are enabling us, but be sure that it would be A LOT cheaper to go to the far east.

Simple fact, labourcost of eastern european: 800 euro/month
Labourcost of vietnam labour: 95 euro/month.
Believe me, we did te math.

I said it before on this forum: give them 3 originals and they will produce you (and anybody else who wants to buy) a copy within 3 months. No matter what product we are talking about.

We have a joke here, based on real imports. First Adidas outfits that were sold here (imported chinese copies) had 4 stripes instead of the trademarked 3 stripes. Asks the customer to the chinese seller: 4 stripes? Answers the chinese guy: more stripes,.. more adidas!

The economical revival (if ever) of eastern europe is based on the economy of western europe.

Producing some illegal copy here???? If you would be able to get out of your costs and even manage to have a profit the OEM closes you down in 2 days.
Eastern europe has its doors open for intenational laws. China ignores in public.

Come and have a look, you'll be surprised. And then travel on to china...

Sawtroll,

I appreciate all your input on this forum greatly. Now regarding your last post i am not sure if i have to read it as you see eastern europe on the same level as china or if you only indicate a real possibility it is made overhere?

There was a clue in a pretty recent post, where the saw was shown in its true "clothes", that made me write that - don't remember where it was, or the country mentioned, but it was a Eastern Europe one.

Where the actual scam is done (marking them as "name brand" saws) may be another story - my comment was about where they are made - not where the scam is done.

The typical Chinese scam is different - they make more or less crude copies of name brand saws.

Last edited:
The only thing I got from that is that since they are disadvantaged because of soviet occupation, it's perfectly ok for them to break copyright laws. Maybe I misunderstood the 37% that I thought I picked up on. LOL

Ian

dont think so ian, i'd re-read it wearing your best eastern-european accent...

basically he's saying that the economy of eastern europe was ruined by the ruskies. but not to the point that wages are now low enough to produce rip-off chainsaws with the a realistic profit margin (like in china).. also copyright, patent, and intellectual property rights are enforced in eastern europe the same as in western europe....so it makes no sense that the pictured saw is of euro origin...

or at least thats the 95% i think i read

:cheers:

dont think so ian, i'd re-read it wearing your best eastern-european accent...

basically he's saying that the economy of eastern europe was ruined by the ruskies. but not to the point that wages are now low enough to produce rip-off chainsaws with the a realistic profit margin (like in china).. also copyright, patent, and intellectual property rights are enforced in eastern europe the same as in western europe....so it makes no sense that the pictured saw is of euro origin...

or at least thats the 95% i think i read

:cheers:

Ah... that's what he said. All those words looked so familiar too..:dizzy:

Ian

Ian,

i'll rephrase the 37%

because they were a new market and with the disadvantages after the occupation they started consuming the chinese export products (copyrighted or not) earlier than settled markets as europe - US.

My point is exacltly that 3/4 of the world which was educted anti soviet is still considering them soviet while only few do have a clue how it is here.

If sawtroll is saying that illegal productions are likely to happen here than i have to indicate that this is highly unlikely as costs and legal risks are way too high. It is much more easier and cost effective for anyone to buy a container from the far east.

Nothing to worry about anyway because in a couple of years they (the chinese) will build a better saw for 30 bucks than Stihl-Husky-McC or whoever will be able to. And the brands will have to survive on a form of customer snobism (as Aston Martin, RR ,Bentley and other exclusive car brands are doing already today )

great guys, you're all so much better in writing what i think

the 95% is spot on.

Thanks!

BTW, its a belgian, so western european, accent. But i moved east a couple of years ago.

If sawtroll is saying that illegal productions are likely to happen here than i have to indicate that this is highly unlikely as costs and legal risks are way too high. It is much more easier and cost effective for anyone to buy a container from the far east. ....

GRRR - I said nothing about any "illegal production" in Eastern Europe - just production - read my last post!

The rebadging of those saw could be done anywhere......:censored:

Latest posts

Back