MS661 vs 390XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol!! Truthfully id be in the lower half probably!!!
I've been playing with saws since 2008 and just in the last two years I can differentiate by sound and that's only because I've been doing mods and paying a little more attention to them. Next gtg I attend I think I'll bring a couple of bandanas and have the guys do a little cutting while blindfolded and see what happens.

I've been playing with saws since 2008 and just in the last two years I can differentiate by sound and that's only because I've been doing mods and paying a little more attention to them. Next gtg I attend I think I'll bring a couple of bandanas and have the guys do a little cutting while blindfolded and see what happens.
Lol!!! That would be interesting

So everyone wants to know. What's the stronger saw, the MS661 or the 390XP? I made a comparison last year and the 390 was significantly faster. I had opportunity yesterday to run them again. While the 390 still came out ahead, the 661 was much closer this time. Interesting enough, when it came time to flush cut the stump, the 661 was my choice. Bury a 36" bar on both and I think you'd see the 661 pull ahead, although it's hard to say without doing it. Both of these saws are fantastic performers. I'd give the RPM edge to the 390XP and the torque edge to the MS661, although both saws shine in both areas.

you should ashamed of yourself,, those guys in the back ground working while you are playing,,,, doesnt should fair to me

I like em both too. I think stihl pro saws are crappie technology, but made better than a Husky. For performance Husky is it though. I don't mean to say Husky makes junk, just that Stihl saws are a bit more durable.
th

I just picked up one of these. The wife and daughter hate it though.

576 will surprise you. They cut faster than a good running 046 when I had a new one. Ported they're very well behaved and don't sound angry like a 372. 661 will probably beat a 390 stock. Both are close to the same weight loaded. 390 held more fluids than a 660.

Latest posts

Back