MS661 vs 390XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 044/440 doesn't stand a chance against a 372 after both are ported.

Brad, a ported 372 is a fast, mean saw, no argument. But that new recipe 044 Randy did for me is pulling a 28" bar through Oak very nicely, I have no complaints. I would love to compare it to a similarly set up 372. FYI, I'm running RSLH on it.

With the 661 R dogs on it, it makes a very nice, light, felling / stumping saw.

Attachments

• Mustang-Wood10-18-15 003.jpg
    Mustang-Wood10-18-15 003.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 57
  • Mustang-Wood10-18-15 004.jpg
    Mustang-Wood10-18-15 004.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 54
Brad, a ported 372 is a fast, mean saw, no argument. But that new recipe 044 Randy did for me is pulling a 28" bar through Oak very nicely, I have no complaints. I would love to compare it to a similarly set up 372. FYI, I'm running RSLH on it.

With the 661 R dogs on it, it makes a very nice, light, felling / stumping saw.
I love the 044/440 and even the 026/260, but both are way behind husky in areas such as performance, antivibe and filtration.

THIS IS OFF TASK BUT HAS ANY ONE HAD BAD LUCK WITH THE STIHL 362 MTRONIC SET UP ? DO YOU HAFT TO TAKE IT TO A DEALER TO HAVE IT ADJUSTED THANKS FOR THE HELP

I have cut firewood my whole life,with what ever saws we had. Never thought about a performance saw, 1010 pro mac,old homelites,etc..,bought a husky 51 in1990 thought that was the best thing since sliced bread.Then bought a 029 farmboss samething.then in2007 I bought a 441mag,that thing really blowed my mind.Fast forward tojust a few years ago,i now have 2 346's ,1ported by Dan Henery,that one is really mad at wood.Hopefully before to long the other will go to the monkey to massaged.I had the 441 ported also by Dan Henery, I think you could ride that saw through a log and it would still cut,unreal torque.Then bought a372 sent it to the monkey, when it came back it's a beast.Conclusion; Honestly I would call myself a husky man I love them, but I really wouldn't turn around for the difference in my two 70 cc saws ,they are both great.By the way, this site has caused me to spend a lot of money,once you run aported saw the others just want do :)

Back