multi fuel guys this is for you to answer..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I can get for free .. waste oil in either cooking oil or motor oil.
$20 a cord for wood
$40 a ton for coal.
I have looked at a unit that burns this stuff and what i want from you guys links to other forums or what you run.
I want to walk away for a few days and not worry about having to load wood.
so i am sure a waste oil burner would do the trick.
I like wood for when it is not real cold as it is cheap and coal will give me longer burn times and less visits to fill it.
so if you have a multi unit post what ya got and post them links .

shayne

bassman,

As you know ( through our PM's ) I have a multifuel AHS boiler. it burns wood/coal and oil, as in home heating oil.
Not sure about the waste motor oil burners with the AHS. I'm not even sure they offer a waste oil burner.

I do know my co-worker bought a stand alone waste motor oil burning boiler 2 years ago and he said it was one huge mess. If he did not strain the used motor oil and separate the oil from the other crap in it it would either clog up or go out. It seems they don't burn too well with water in the oil ( go figure)
he had to use a few 55 gallon drums and cheese cloth every few days to strain the oil. Sounds like a real mess to me. He sold it after one year of using it. he said he had enough of the mess.

I filled my oil tank once last year and have made it 2 seasons without filling it again, ( with home heating oil)
I would just go with a normal wood/coal and home heating oil unit and i would burn mostly coal since you can get it for a good price. . It burns hotter than the wood and the fires last atleast twice as long as the wood so it would actually be cheaper to burn coal in the long run.

Latest posts

Back