Murray trimmer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stgcutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought a cheap weedeater from Walmart. I had a few helpers help me since my uncle was out and had a lot of weedeating to do for customers. So I tried this Murray 2510 as a spare. It work quite well for a 60$ weedeater and still making profit.

being unsure of which one you bought, I can say this for sure about those Murray's with the upside down motors. - they can go forever! that same motor design is on my 19 year old Ryobi. All I have done to the thing is change the plug, filters, and fuel lines - it just keeps going. It certainly does not make the same power as comparable sized equipment from Stihl, Husqvarna, or what ever preferred commercial brand, but it also comes in at 1/4 the price. Decent enough for non-commercial yard work, and okay as an occasional backup. You may find that you want to change to a better trimmer head, though.

Bought my weedeater trimmer on CL for $20 and it runs like a champ. Basic maintenance and fuel lines and she is a runner.

It doesn't bog down much at all. The line was flimsy so I switched to that husqvarna titanium. She cuts like a charm now.

Surprising how well the cheap stuff can run. I have a 20 yr old poulan pro 195 trimmer that hasn't caused me any problems. I drain the fuel every fall and hand it up, the next spring it starts in less than 5 pulls. Altho, it is starting to get a little weak so I'm going to replace it with a husky or echo next spring. But, 20 yrs is good, especially with the big weeds and brush I've cut with it.

Latest posts

Back