Mx2t mix dye

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanManofStihl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have looked at the old post and I know this has been covered but I need to find a dye that I can mix in with my mobil one oil to make it a darker color. Right now I have a mix can that lookes like straight gas and it is confusioning some of the people I work with and Im afraid someone is going to pour some staright gas in their with it. So Im back to square one does anyone know a manufactor of a dye that u can use with gas in a 2 cycle. Any help would be appericated. Thanks

Why not simply take a felt marker pen and write MIX all over the gas container you use to store the mixed gas in. Can't miss one of those unless you are blind or an idiot. :Eye: :Eye:

I hear the new MX2T, now called Racing 2T, has dye in it. Do you have a large stock of the old stuff to use up(like I do; bought out the local Autozone when they switched), or would it be practical to buy new stuff?

Some people use MX2T, but add enough Husky or Stihl oil for color.

MX2T Has been replaced by Mobil Racing 2T which has red dye in it. Since all of my gas cans are red I really wish that they had chosen Blue, Green or Purple dye but it IS colored and you can tell if you look carefully so -as soon as you use up the MX2T you have, it will be a non issue. I suppose that you can mix the Racing 2T with your MX2T for a little color but it will be VERY little.

FWIW, I never was thrilled with buying overpriced Stihl oil but I have to say that it has the most beautiful blue colorant of any 2 cycle oil I ever used.

I bought 38 pints of mx2t 12 red bottles and 26 black bottles of mx2t I am going to be running this stuff for along time and would like to find some kind of dye for it. I have a special can that already says mix on it but for my own piece of mind I would like to find a dye or something for it.

Back