My 200th Chainsaw (not quite what I was thinking)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taplinhill

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I've been keeping track of all my saws, bought and sold, since I started my collection. There are 50-70 saws around at any given time, but I noticed a few weeks ago that the grand total was 199. I started thinking and wanted to make number 200 something special. What would it be? Some vintage iron? Something new? Something ported? Should I wait for the Jonsered 2260. The choices were endless.

Well, this weekend a lady I know who lives down in the village in my town of East Corinth (you may know it as the town from Beetlejuice, the "haunted house" was built on her families land) came up to the house. She says, "you mights well have this", in her old eastern central Vermont drawl. So, it's not what I had planned, but here she is, Ol' number 200...........................
attachment.php

:msp_confused::msp_thumbdn::censored:What's that old saying....never look a gift horse in the mouth? :hmm3grin2orange:

a chainsaw is a chainsaw, I see #200 right there:msp_w00t: Throw some new brushes in it and get rid of it fast, then make #201 special.

lmmfao that old lady freaking knew what she was doing. she just ruined your milestone man! turn that electric chicken loose on her lmao. nah i gotta say... a saw is a saw but... it aint 2 stroke so it dont count. make 200 special man.
-loco

Sorry, but this is the chainsaw forum and that is a chainsaw. Some saws are better than others but that one is perfectly suited for something. Give me a while, I'm thinking...

At least it's a Remington. :)

The very nice lady who lives behind us gave me the same version. I don't think the chain had been sharpened since 1978 or so. They have 2 shortcommings.
1.The oil pump/oil filler/oil bag is just about perfect for an 80 year old womans hand strength and little more.
2. The bar studs are right along with the oiling provisions as far as robustness.
I will say it makes as much noise as any gas powered saw though. So it has that going for it. :laugh:

Oh and .. You suck!! :D

When I think of East Corinth, Vt. I think of the Tillotson Trading Co.

So out of 200 saws what percentage ore red and black?

So, have you actually been to E. Corinth? Steve's place is about 5 minutes from me.

For those who are wondering:

Jonsered(s)- Total 92, still have 41.
Husqvarna- 46, 1
Stihl- 9, 1
Partner-18, 2
McCulloch- 8, 3
Homelite- 9, 2
Remington- 2,2
Efco- 1,0
Dolmar/Makita- 2, 0
Sears/Craftsman- 3,1
Pioneer- 1,0
Poulan Pro- 1,0
Jobu- 1,1
Disston- 1,1
IEL- 1,1
Wards- 1,1
Paul Bunyon- 1,1
Strunk- 2,2
Indian- 1,1
Clinton- 1,1

I have not cataloged my saws in the past, but I started doing that the other day (again, as I started once before.) It is not 200, but I'm well over the century mark. The sad part is that only about 30% of mine are runners. I need to get better at upgrading the ones I have, and quit "collecting." I have had my 111s for over 2 years, and it has never been on the bench. That should be a crime.

P.S. If anyone has a clutch, sprocket, and clutch cover for said 111s, that would really help things along :help:

Nice lady to give you a free saw. Anything more to this story we should know about? You rascall.............:clap:

ps Picture of the lady or it didn't happen:msp_wink:

Latest posts

Back