My 359 rules

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Gasoline Gary for the kind words. I appreciate it. Motodeficient-I did not expect people to clap and accept my results and no where did I indicate that. These were MY results. I did not expect to be bashed over the head for doing it either.

Since this has been resurrected, I might add that I have tuned both saws with a tach and I still don't think there is a dime's worth of difference in cut times, although I am not about to time it again and post it here since I don't know what I am doing and my tests are too flawed.

Both saws run great and the 359 is smoother to run. It would be a coin flip for me to select the one that I preferred to run. I use the 361 more just because the dealer is closer if I have issues with it.

I have noticed with my stock saws and also motorcycles and autos, often an indivdual identical engine of its kind will run substantually better or worse then its identical counterpart. Small differences are probably the norm. So if 1 is a little less then norm and another is a bit better ( more or less ) either model can win given any 2 raced. Bravo for the 359 here :clap:
Huskies have a ways to go win me to go back to them,more then a little speed, but I'd like to run a 359 and a 357 next to and against an equally equiped 361. As far as smoothness to compare a well used saw against a new 1 is an advantage to the newer also . Vibration systems have wear and tear and that will affect how smooth the saw feels. The only 361 I run was very new and super smooth. I don't think I need anything smoother but it wouldnt hurt.

LMAO...not once did you mention anything about the guage of the chain... Just because that is how you have your saws set up is another trivial fact. The saws in question don't automatically come that way from the factory. It all depends on what the saw purchaser wants to run.

As an over 5,000 post AS expert... i must say that my stock 044 has "beat" a stock 7900 before. But the cat runnin' the 7900 was a knucklehead. So we switched saws... guess what... the 7900 beat my 044... the knucklehead was runnin' my 044 and didn't know jack about movin' a saw through wood. Hell... the log I was sawin' on was even 2 inches bigger and I still "won".

So your "tests" and the hissy fit that went with them is bogus. I could care less about "What saw is faster"... like I said earlier... I don't know you, or your ability to run a chainsaw...

Good ridance... don't let the door hit you in the a$$... another one bites the dust.

Gary

Good post!!!

Just yesterday I ran a well used 044 and the thing had great power and I would have no problem putting it in my stable.

Differences in saw performance is largely perception and in the real world don't make much difference to the job at the end of the day. Nine times out of ten you just spent $200 or thereabouts to get a lump in your shorts and some small bragging right over your buddies which ain't gonna lose any sleep over it!!!

Back