My arboristsite introduction!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friend & fellow sawyer bought a cs-310 about a year ago, intending it to be disposable (honest!) after a couple of nasty projects.

Didn't happen. It's now his GoTo saw and his stihl 250 collects dust. I've been demonstrating that sheer size of saw is not all good- there are situations where you can get lots more cut in a day with a 30-40 cc saw than a 60 cc. Now he's shopping for a 16" bar & skipper chain for it.

He lusts for my GZ4000 RedMax; the $ he gets from the sale of the 250 will likely go toward a PP5020 or a GZ4000.

Feed the addiction; enjoy the disease. You only go around once. :msp_biggrin:

And ... you might well find parks or charitable groups in your area who'd welcome your help as a sawyer. Might be a good excuse to invest in some PPE (personal protection equipment.)

Welcome! Its called a 3 saw plan, small, medium, large. Any more than that it becomes obvious you have an addiction and need help. :msp_biggrin:

My girlfriend makes me clear all hobbies with her before I start them at this point. I have thousands of dollars of music equipment, pots and pans, chef knives, grills, airsoft guns, and now, as a new homeowner, I own a chainsaw.

I grew up going to the pocono mountains every summer since I was 5, cutting down as many dead trees as I could with a bow saw, and splitting them all into firewood I would never burn, until I was 18. Now im an adult, and I feel like i have the income and the time to go back to an old hobby: Cutting wood.

My dad still owns the echo equipment I used to do the yard with 15 years ago, so it was an easy choice when it was time to purchase my own power equipment. While i was snagging a honda mower, echo trimmer, edger and blower, the chainsaw was too tempting to pass up. Im a man. I deserve a chainsaw. I had a dead tree in my yard when I moved in, so that was a perfect excuse to clear the chainsaw with the girlfriend. I am the proud owner of an echo cs310.

Since then, Ive found this site, and realized the folly of my ways, purchasing from a big box store.

I would love to start cutting again. Living in florida I am not exactly sure where to begin. I would love to do it recreationally, as I have no real need for firewood for anything other than a small firepit.

So, heres to a new, old hobby. I am sure I will own far too many chainsaws then i will know what to do with. My next saw will surely be from a dealer and I look forward to finding places to cut.

Thanks!
have fun, be safe, lots of help on here...good and bad :msp_smile:

She will never approve of this hobby, but thats half the challenge.

Now you need a old rusty truck with no air and bald tires to haul those trees, and one more thing where is the pictures of this new virgin saw. :jester:

You're about to blend in flawlessly with the masses here. You will end up having multiple 'ported' saws. Each of them will come from a highly esteemed 'builder' on this site.

After that, you will be obliged to post pictures of your port work, welding skills, and overall woodsmanship. And if you wanna delve into arborist territory, you have to post your own 'precision falling and highly advanced rigging' tutorials and documentaries.

Then you will make your personal opinion known. That will result in a phenomenon called 'banned camp'. You'll no doubt figure that one out as it occurs.

Eventually, you'll realize that you don't actually need 164 running chainsaws. Since you don't burn wood for heat, cut wood for money, or posess any need whatsoever for cutting trees...you'll end up selling your prized collection of super-cool saws to some fool on feepay for a tidy sum. And you will likely be divorced, thereby surrendering at least half of everything to the woman who is REALLY sick of GTG's.

Then you will mysteriously and promptly quit posting on AS forever........

My dad still owns the echo equipment I used to do the yard with 15 years ago, so it was an easy choice when it was time to purchase my own power equipment. While i was snagging a honda mower, echo trimmer, edger and blower, the chainsaw was too tempting to pass up. Im a man. I deserve a chainsaw. I had a dead tree in my yard when I moved in, so that was a perfect excuse to clear the chainsaw with the girlfriend. I am the proud owner of an echo cs310.

Thanks!

Hopefully you settle with better brands than Echo, if you really are getting into chainsaws! :msp_smile:

Hi, this is DEG305 from the upper fringes of the Poconos(Wayne co.)and first welcome to this site and second, theres nothing wrong with an Echo , and third ,my daughter lives in Winter Garden ,Fl. also!!!:msp_smile:

I agree there is nothing wrong with Echo's I have a few myself.:msp_thumbsup:

And don't worry SawTroll will grow on you after a while.:laugh:

we may have to try that :msp_biggrin:

Now you need a old rusty truck with no air and bald tires to haul those trees, and one more thing where is the pictures of this new virgin saw. :jester:

You're about to blend in flawlessly with the masses here. You will end up having multiple 'ported' saws. Each of them will come from a highly esteemed 'builder' on this site.

After that, you will be obliged to post pictures of your port work, welding skills, and overall woodsmanship. And if you wanna delve into arborist territory, you have to post your own 'precision falling and highly advanced rigging' tutorials and documentaries.

Then you will make your personal opinion known. That will result in a phenomenon called 'banned camp'. You'll no doubt figure that one out as it occurs.

Eventually, you'll realize that you don't actually need 164 running chainsaws. Since you don't burn wood for heat, cut wood for money, or posess any need whatsoever for cutting trees...you'll end up selling your prized collection of super-cool saws to some fool on feepay for a tidy sum. And you will likely be divorced, thereby surrendering at least half of everything to the woman who is REALLY sick of GTG's.

Then you will mysteriously and promptly quit posting on AS forever........

Choose your CAD wisely, for she shows no mercy to the weak and uninformed. :D

The hell with saw talk, this guy said he collects pots and pans and chef knives. Can he cook bacon and bake a pie?

Hi, this is DEG305 from the upper fringes of the Poconos(Wayne co.)and first welcome to this site and second, theres nothing wrong with an Echo , and third ,my daughter lives in Winter Garden ,Fl. also!!!:msp_smile:

I agree there is nothing wrong with Echo's I have a few myself.:msp_thumbsup:

And don't worry SawTroll will grow on you after a while.:laugh:

It was a rep frenzy, and stuff.:D

Your girlfriend is gonna change her mind.

welcome to AS!

My girlfriend makes me clear all hobbies with her before I start them at this point. I have thousands of dollars of music equipment, pots and pans, chef knives, grills, airsoft guns, and now, as a new homeowner, I own a chainsaw.

I grew up going to the pocono mountains every summer since I was 5, cutting down as many dead trees as I could with a bow saw, and splitting them all into firewood I would never burn, until I was 18. Now im an adult, and I feel like i have the income and the time to go back to an old hobby: Cutting wood.

Since then, Ive found this site, and realized the folly of my ways, purchasing from a big box store.

I would love to start cutting again. Living in florida I am not exactly sure where to begin. I would love to do it recreationally, as I have no real need for firewood for anything other than a small firepit.

So, heres to a new, old hobby. I am sure I will own far too many chainsaws then i will know what to do with. My next saw will surely be from a dealer and I look forward to finding places to cut.

Thanks!

That makes ten. Time for breakfast.:rock:

My girlfriend makes me clear all hobbies with her before I start them at this point.

You need to get rid of this Succubus as soon as possible. At least provide pics so a more informed decision can be made.

It pretty much sounds like you really need to find yourself a stump that has been cut off about 30" or so off the ground. Then find a large flat rock of at least 20 #'s. Place your testicles on said stump, then in a swift and deliberate overhead motion slam the rock onto the stump. Yup it's going to hurt a bunch but you will thank me later if you have a future with the Succubus.

Back