my AS retirement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you've got the guys who can work out complicated rigging problems. The guys who take the risks. The ones who know how to fit the biggest pieces of trees in the smallest of places. These are the guys who do it quick, fast and in a hurry. The ones who are the "managers" dream. The ones who know how to get every ounce of utilization out of a 3/4 rope or a 64 ton crane. These are the climbers... The primadonnas... The one's that every one want's on their team.

These are not the jobs I am referring to when you quoted me in an earlier post saying "this job is getting easy" MDS. This refers to the treeman that handles the highest level of job put in front of him without shying away. They have worked themselves up to this level with courage and smarts and have the guts to stay at that level and make a living in an extremely dangerous environment.

You are NOT that guy MDS.

You are that guy OD...Justin. Not enough of those guys on this forum as it is to keep the pretenders in line.....

And tell the TRUTH.

Things get a little rough on here at times and everyone considers quitting sometimes but what do you get out of it. You either let them win or let some negative aspects of your personality win that could be improved. Stick around like you would on a big dead takedown over a slate roof. Prevail.

PS...to MD's quote......the ones everyone wants to be.

Last edited:
AS, i want to thank you very much for the time i've had on your website.

after my last post i have decided that i am no longer a valuable enough member of your community to continue on posting. my temper has shortened and it does not truly reflect who i am.

yes i am totally sick of seeing people in the game who should not be in the game but what can i do. i do not like seeing homeowners posting in the commercial thread and i cannot take homeowners posting ridiculous questions on the 101 and then getting pissy at the answers they get.

i love, truly and honestly love, what i do. it is what defines me. i have nothing else. (sadly or gladly, thats up to your own interpretation.)

i get rather fired up when joe schmoe tells me what i do is easy. i can not stand for that and in order for me to keep cool i must remove myself from the equation and continue on doing what it is i do knowing full well they can not.

there are quite a few guys on this site that i have MUCHO respect for while the others i wouldnt give the steam off my piss.

i do need to get a few more numbers from some of you guys. i am going to stick around until i have those numbers via PM but this is more than likely my last post.

to all you full timers (climbers, groundmen, and my logging/timberfalling friends for sure) going up and making things happen, please stay safe and do the best you can all the time. be proud of what you do and of yourself. i am.

to all the posers and pretenders out there, may you be taught a valuable lesson. whatever it may be.

stay safe men. (and bermie too)

thanks AS!

Oh for crying out loud, you can't quit now!

I am thinking of retiring too for a while. I have to many trees to trim and take down. I will call it semi retired but it is good to finally be a ,little behind in my work. OD, I truly hope you were just venting but have not known you to beat around the bush much. I climbed to a hundred foot plus yesterday to trim for a biologist's satellite reception and I gave him a good discount and he gave me good advice for seasoning without salt lol. Monday I go back to see if blood pressure went down enough to pass cdl requirements and I have a couple weeks of rock and roll work to do and maybe some more pics of my old arse in action lol. OD do you really want to miss that, I mean remember the last time all the wanna bees were telling the has bin's how slow they were:laugh: Oh well, it will happen bro and heck with the amount I will have to climb I may be getting up to speed near the end lol. PS: I made a home made speed line,its cheap but it should suffice any way to friends :cheers:

I am thinking of retiring too for a while. I have to many trees to trim and take down. I will call it semi retired but it is good to finally be a ,little behind in my work. OD, I truly hope you were just venting but have not known you to beat around the bush much. I climbed to a hundred foot plus yesterday to trim for a biologist's satellite reception and I gave him a good discount and he gave me good advice for seasoning without salt lol. Monday I go back to see if blood pressure went down enough to pass cdl requirements and I have a couple weeks of rock and roll work to do and maybe some more pics of my old arse in action lol. OD do you really want to miss that, I mean remember the last time all the wanna bees were telling the has bin's how slow they were:laugh: Oh well, it will happen bro and heck with the amount I will have to climb I may be getting up to speed near the end lol. PS: I made a home made speed line,its cheap but it should suffice any way to friends :cheers:

:cheers:

Yeah, Big deal! We all have been there. Nothing special except someones ego!
Jeff

I see a young climber who has grown in his trade and craft who is justifiably proud. Why be a curmudgeon Jeff?

He's tired of the same'ol, it happens to us all. Hopefully he will be back in a few months.

No shet, I told him to lay off the estrogen. whatever, he climbs like a girl anyway.

Not like you Bermie, more like a girlie girl.:hmm3grin2orange:

I hear he's got a butterfly tattoo on his lower back and wears pink spikes.

Been reading this site for a couple years, and occasionally posting some comments. It sucks when the posers in this biz get under the skin of a pro like OD. By the way: the "hartford.gov" comment was awesome! Be safe.

These are not the jobs I am referring to when you quoted me in an earlier post saying "this job is getting easy" MDS. This refers to the treeman that handles the highest level of job put in front of him without shying away. They have worked themselves up to this level with courage and smarts and have the guts to stay at that level and make a living in an extremely dangerous environment.

You are NOT that guy MDS.

You are that guy OD...Justin. Not enough of those guys on this forum as it is to keep the pretenders in line.....

And tell the TRUTH.

Things get a little rough on here at times and everyone considers quitting sometimes but what do you get out of it. You either let them win or let some negative aspects of your personality win that could be improved. Stick around like you would on a big dead takedown over a slate roof. Prevail.

PS...to MD's quote......the ones everyone wants to be.

What is all this about me TV?

What is all this about me TV?

No, I was referring to you quoting me about the job "getting easier" in another thread in your earlier post. Just saying an everyday crane climber is not what I had in mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back