My bench was to clean so I put a 064 on it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I did was put a fresh spark plug in it and it started right up

It needs some TLC and it will be just fine

The chain had rust on it

OH; this is a barn find

More later going to take it apart and have a look inside it

Take good care of that perticular saw, it will run forever en provides the best torque and weight balance ever !

Have myself a MS640 and that thing is really unbelievable strong.
They don't make 'm like that anymore and with all these new technology saws only gets worse in terms of engine durability and performance over long periods.

A clear tank 064.......nice! It's clearly my favorite saw. Good score.

The older 064s with the flatter fuel/oil caps are supposedly lighter than the later models. 064 was released late 1985.

Yours is a late model made sometime after 1989 since it looks to have the CDIC limited ignition.

Nice!

Last edited:
Yours is a late model made sometime after 1989 since it looks to have the CDIC limited ignition.

Nice!

There's no way to tell from the pictures that he has a CDIC coil. And from the mismatched filler caps, we know it's had at least SOME work done it in the past. He might even find a frankensaw when he opens it up. Could be an older case with a newer tank, judging by the see through fuel cell. The whole saw could even be a later model, just with an older oil cap thrown on it. Then there's the perforated muffler shield too, versus the flat front model........ We just don't know enough to throw around dates.

There's no way to tell from the pictures that he has a CDIC coil. And from the mismatched filler caps, we know it's had at least SOME work done it in the past. He might even find a frankensaw when he opens it up. Could be an older case with a newer tank, judging by the see through fuel cell. The whole saw could even be a later model, just with an older oil cap thrown on it. Then there's the perforated muffler shield too, versus the flat front model........ We just don't know enough to throw around dates.

It's just too easy using cell phone camera and posting them here than taking my other camera equipment out each time more pic's in the morning

I believe you are looking at pictures of two different saws.

You are right though; I did make an assumption. The digital sticker on the air filter cover indicates that the saw has the CDIC ignition but the cover could easily have been swapped on from another saw.

Latest posts

Back