My bench was to clean so I put a 064 on it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe you are looking at pictures of two different saws.

You are right though; I did make an assumption. The digital sticker on the air filter cover indicates that the saw has the CDIC ignition but the cover could easily have been swapped on from another saw.

Ahh, with the muffler shield.....yup, 2 different saws. My bad. I hadn't noticed that the exhaust pics were someone else's post.

Brian, any chance you got her opened up yet? Interested to see what you find.

Here is my 064 AV with a 28" bar. Got it for free from my grandpa who bought it from my dad after my dad stopped logging.

Just ordered a bunch of parts for the 064

Filters; hoses; clutch bearings; clutch springs; air filter; carb kit etc

View attachment 285626

Nothing major just things to make it run better

That's a nice find! They are great saws. I bought one a few months back and haven't replaced anything yet, still running strong! Good luck with yours, keep the pictures coming!

I just put a different carb on the 064 today just to see if there is any difference and going to put the 28" ES Light bar on it to take down a couple Alders here after 5:00 pm to see how it runs :msp_smile:

View attachment 290946

Oh; taking out the baffle in the muffler really makes this saw loud with more of a MM :jester:

Stihl 064's are HAWT! I do wonder if there is any variance in port time between the early 064's, the CDIC 064's, and the later model 064's. If numbers have been posted, I havent came across them yet. Mine is early, but I suspect it had received a newer cylinder at some time in its life.

Congrats on a great saw! They have to be one of the best power to weight ratio saws ever made. I've got 3 in the shop sitting on the shelf I need to go thru before placing them out for sale. It seems like everyone here seems to not even give them a glance when sitting next to 066/660's. There have been some on here that have been ported that look like awesome tree slayers. You have to love the price, cheapest horsepower you'll ever find!

064 parts - Stihl Supported?

I'm missing an 80 cc saw in my 5 saw plan and have often thought that an 064 would be a good fit. My big saw is an 084 and I love it and I baby it - because when I am running It ,always in the back of my mind, is the thought, "Am I going to break something that I can't replace?"

Is the 064 still supported by Stihl? Are parts still availavle from dealers? Reasonable?

I just put a different carb on the 064 today just to see if there is any difference and going to put the 28" ES Light bar on it to take down a couple Alders here after 5:00 pm to see how it runs :msp_smile:

View attachment 290946

Oh; taking out the baffle in the muffler really makes this saw loud with more of a MM :jester:

Rained out !

2 mile from my house to were I cut and it's dry at my place and pouring down rain were I cut :angry:

The muffler on this 066 I'm working on is just unbelievable. CHOKED up! With my customer's permission, I'm going to open this baby up and make it RUN!

Latest posts

Back