My BIL, a good guy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Work Saw Collector

Work Saw Collector

GTG Coffee Maker
My dealer just called and the parts are in.

Cool.

I went and seen my dealer this morning, i had some parts on order not in yet. We were talking and he said I got a 038 Mag, but don't use it he likes his 026 pro. So I offer if he wanted to sell it I interested, he said he would think about it but right now didn't think so. Anybody that has one won't turn loose of it.

Scooterbum

Scooterbum

Addicted to ArboristSite
I think the .020 would be best and rivet it on.This is a chainsaw, not a dash in a car.The .005 w/adhesive probably wouldn't last long.

Just my 2 cents.......

blsnelling
I think the .020 would be best and rivet it on.This is a chainsaw, not a dash in a car.The .005 w/adhesive probably wouldn't last long.

Just my 2 cents.......

I like that idea. No chance of it coming off that way. My other concern with the .005 is that it would not lay flat to the slightly curved surface and would wrinkle. I him get a sheet of each.

blsnelling
Time to head to the dealer and get the parts. I may temporarily through this P&C I have on the saw. That way I can get it running, verify the carb's good, and do a leak test. When the new P&C arrives in a day or two, all I'll have to do is swap them. The plastic should arrive any day as well. The aluminum for the plaque should be here by tomorrow or the next day. I think he's doing the design tonight. Pics and maybe video coming later tonight!:clap:

matt9923

matt9923

Stihl bustin knuckles
Time to head to the dealer and get the parts. I may temporarily through this P&C I have on the saw. That way I can get it running, verify the carb's good, and do a leak test. When the new P&C arrives in a day or two, all I'll have to do is swap them. The plastic should arrive any day as well. The aluminum for the plaque should be here by tomorrow or the next day. I think he's doing the design tonight. Pics and maybe video coming later tonight!:clap:

Great work. Looking forward to the pictures and maybe video.

Work Saw Collector

Work Saw Collector

GTG Coffee Maker

I'm excited just thinking about it.

FATGUY

FATGUY

Addicted to ArboristSite
This might be silly to some. My wife says "things always happen for a reason". Maybe she's right..... This thread has become a source of pleasure for many of us, including the OP. Little did his BIL know that the destruction of one of his no doubt favorite tools would yield him a better tool and bring out so much goodwill and community amongst us! A special thanks to Super and Snelling for making this possible. :cheers:

Work Saw Collector

Work Saw Collector

GTG Coffee Maker
This might be silly to some. My wife says "things always happen for a reason". Maybe she's right..... This thread has become a source of pleasure for many of us, including the OP. Little did his BIL know that the destruction of one of his no doubt favorite tools would yield him a better tool and bring out so much goodwill and community amongst us! A special thanks to Super and Snelling for making this possible. :cheers:

One of the best posts yet.:cheers:

blsnelling
I'm going to make this painful for you. We're going to take this a step at a time, LOL.

I started by bolting the oil pump on, heating the case, and then seating the clutch side bearing against the pump.
611267985_nGofr-M.jpg

I installed the flywheel side bearing onto the crank, heated the case, and then pushed it into the case.
611267917_vYKfV-M.jpg

I then start all the case bolts and slowly and evenly draw the case together.
611268065_F3nu9-M.jpg

And there we have it.
611268148_DaJtp-M.jpg

You'll then need to relieve the pressure on the bearings by tapping the crank ends. This is why you don't install the seals first. You must be able to tell when the crank is free. It would probably be best to use a brass hammer here, but I don't have one.
611268249_kHZyd-M.jpg

Make sure you coat the lips of your oils seals before installation.
611268380_8XxM6-M.jpg

I alter tapped this seal a little deaper to make sure the flywheel didn't touch it.
611268451_PypAC-M.jpg

This seal is flush.
611268534_sbQJM-M.jpg

blsnelling
Trim the case gasket from the cylinder flange.
611268619_VNcn9-M.jpg

Installe the oil pump and brake hardware.
611269109_cLYbn-M.jpg

The new .325 x 7 rim.
611269224_CettW-M.jpg

This side's done except for the AV plugs once the tank's installed.
611269328_wVrSX-M.jpg

I saved the OEM gasket for the new P&C. Here's the gasket I made.
611269462_K6NMQ-M.jpg

Compressing the rings with the Baileys ring compressor.
611269550_kY2Jr-M.jpg

611269675_7RUKu-M.jpg

Checking the squish. It came out at .017"-.018".
611266645_K3vWs-M.jpg

blsnelling
Setting the gap on the coil.
611266979_qeE6x-M.jpg

The intake elbow and impulse line installed prior to installing the tank.
611266731_8vLYW-M.jpg

Prepairing to pull the intake elbow through the hole in the carb housing. This works super slick if you haven't tried it!
611266958_Hu3tt-M.jpg

611267055_Z8mM7-M.jpg

The carb installed.
611267143_rMN6G-M.jpg

And that's where my step by step pics ended. I got excited and just wanted to finish the job:)

Latest posts