My chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
traktorist2222

traktorist2222

ArboristSite Operative
I still haven't presented you my new Stihl MS 211 that I bought about one month ago. But now - I proudly pesent: :cheers:

StihlMS211-1.jpg

StihlMS211-2.jpg

StihlMS211-3.jpg

litefoot

litefoot

Addicted to ArboristSite
Martin,
I noticed that your original set of photos had 1 picture of each saw...except the 088...it got 3 pictures.:) I'm curious about Dolmar in Germany. How is the dealer network and what is the opinion of Germans of their own saw? I'm sure Stihl in the most popular brand, but is Dolmar gaining in popularity? They seem to be, unjustly so, a novelty here in the USA.

Stihl #1

Stihl #1

ArboristSite Operative
Martin, we don't have the MS 211 available here yet, maybe in Jan. How do you like it? I am sure you are aware that is has the stratified scavenging engine design, so you should see an improvement in fuel economy compared to a similar cc saw.
Give us a field report on how it performs, please.

traktorist2222

traktorist2222

ArboristSite Operative
@ litefoot: Yes, Stihl is most popular, as well as Husqvarna also has many fans here. Dolmar gains popularity but their quality is, in my opinion, not as well as that from Stihl and Husky. That's the reason why I bought this 346 XPG and sell my Dolmar 4600 SH. It made some problems with its crankshaft.

@ Stihl #1: I use it most time for carving. It's leight and compact, and has a nice engine runs. It needs not much fuel but although its gas tank is too small.

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Martin, we don't have the MS 211 available here yet, maybe in Jan. How do you like it? I am sure you are aware that is has the stratified scavenging engine design, so you should see an improvement in fuel economy compared to a similar cc saw.
Give us a field report on how it performs, please.

The specs of the 211 actually look quite promising, compared to the POS 210, and the Husky 240/235......

traktorist2222

traktorist2222

ArboristSite Operative
This week I got two new STIHLs! Thank you again to Ric who bought them for me in the US. Two saws for the German price of one saw. :)

MS460_362-1.jpg

MS460_362-2.jpg

Saddly, USPS seems to have thrown the parcel around so that a piece of the case has been broken of on my MS 362. :dizzy:

MS460_362-3.jpg

MS460_362-4.jpg

But it's already fixed with epoxy. :cheers:

akennyd

akennyd

ArboristSite Member
Nice Pics!!

Hello Martin,

Nice Pictures and Nice Saws!!! Thanks for sharing with us.

I'm amazed it's cheaper to buy a Stihl here in the U.S. and have it shipped to Germany...

Kenny
John 3:16

Chris Crouse

Chris Crouse

ArboristSite Operative
Hello Martin,

Nice Pictures and Nice Saws!!! Thanks for sharing with us.

I'm amazed it's cheaper to buy a Stihl here in the U.S. and have it shipped to Germany...

Kenny
John 3:16

Our "weak dollar" is starting to pay dividends. Traktorist2222, you sure have a lot of chainsaws and a lot of pretty places to use them in.

sawbones

sawbones

Addicted to ArboristSite
This week I got two new STIHLs! Thank you again to Ric who bought them for me in the US. Two saws for the German price of one saw. :)

Saddly, USPS seems to have thrown the parcel around so that a piece of the case has been broken of on my MS 362. :dizzy:

MS460_362-4.jpg

But it's already fixed with epoxy. :cheers:

I am still not sure how this could happen..I know the that the string hangers are a weak spot and have seen many broke off.

I see you have them all dirtied up already :)

I tried to add extra padding for any tossing but now I dont remember if I took that out for inspection before I shipped.

Getting compensation from usps insurance does not look easy as it was only insured for the max limit of 500 and saw was about 650 with the bar.

I was drooling over that 460 mag though as I had just traded off my old 046 mag for that shiny 930 jony red.

I check my mailbox every day to see if my ks43 has arived yet :biggrinbounce2:

ric

Latest posts