My favorite GTG partner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That 046 will always be mine. After it was stolen and I was fortunate enough to recover it, I let him know at that time that I would love to have it someday. He told Mom Sunday that he wanted me to have it. This saw is all stock, except a little muffler work. It's all original, including the original 24" bar and the case he has always kept it in. Dad taught me to take care of my stuff. He's also the one that drilled into me that if something's worth doing, it's worth doing right. Do it right, or don't do it at all. And, do it right the first time.

IMG_0053-M.jpg

IMG_0054-M.jpg

IMG_0055-M.jpg

IMG_0056-L.jpg

brad as i write this my heart breaks for what ya'll are going through. God instituted family and it is so important to each one of us. we may be miles apart and not even have met but still connected. i am thankful that we have a high priest who is touched by the feelings of our infirmities, for he truly knows what you and your family are going through. still interceeding.

Just heartbreaking to read this news Brad. Hoping and praying for the best for your dad and your family and friends. A side note, the little 271 Echo I bought from you was a Christmas present for my son. It's really a neat lil saw, we cut a lot of hedge so there's a lot of little stuff to cut up, it's perfect for what he needed, he's got a 440 Echo, J-red 2153 and a stihl 039 for his bigger saws. You mentioned your dad doesn't do facebook, I bet he'd be amazed at how many friends you have world wide really, who care about you and your family, all the best thru this hard time.

Dad was scheduled for a biopsy tomorrow, but has gotten so weak that he can't even stand on his own. Yesterday was a super hard day for the family seeing him so weak. We brought him to the ER yesterday evening where he's been admitted. His blood pressure was only 85/51 and he was very dehydrated. His O2 sats were down in the low 90s. The Drs are currently going over his case and planning what to do. They'll probably be doing the biopsy and maybe even exploratory surgery.

Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

Not sure why they would open him up unless they were taking the cancer out and were certain they could get it and hopefully thats the case. Cancer can spread like wildfire after you're opened up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. My father past away some time ago. He wasn't a large man, about 225 pounds but was solid as a rock, he welded full time and did excavation work part time. I worked with him for many months helping him rebuild a 1930 model A coupe. That was his pride and joy and my son loved to ride in the rumble seat. He always told me he willed it to my son. He told me one day he was going to sell his ford. I thought that he was still in good health at the time. I told him I would buy the car from him and he could keep it as his house and drive it as much as he wanted. At least I knew if anything happened to him I would end up with the car. I saw him the next week and he said " I sold my car yesterday". He never gave me a price on the car, just sold it. I didn't know at the time but he had a lack of blood flow to his brain and it caused some senility. I watched him wither to nothing in a short time, both legs removed because of poor blood flow. He was at my last GTG that I had here, we pushed him around in a wheel chain.

Later
Dan

Dad spiked a fever last night. He also had a horrible bout with pain last night. He's also gotten very confused and started talking crazy. That's probably due to the pain meds though. All the same, it's awful to watch him suffered and go down.

His adrenal gland biopsy is this afternoon. They biopsy his bladder on today.

Back