My homemade log splitter with conveyor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taw250

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
This is my log splitter that I have built. It is a ongoing project as I get new ideas in my head. It started out as just a plain splitter built the way I wanted it from one I had. After it was up and running next came a log lift to make it easier on the back. The last upgrade that is not completely finished yet but is functional at this point is the conveyor to load the truck.IMG_20150124_175421_458.jpgIMG_20150130_165958_990.jpg IMG_20150121_192418_517.jpg

Thanks, It is hard to say on the man hours. It has been spread out over time with me just working on it a few hours at a time.

:picture::picture::picture:e
:picture::picture::picture:
Really interested in what you have done to the stock splitter.
Looks great!
Would like more and closeup photos if possible
:picture::picture::picture::picture::picture:
I will be happy to post more pictures but it is currently covered in snow. when i got the splitter it had small tires and sat low to the ground. I reused the beam and the cylinder but i put the wedge on the cylinder instead of the end of the beam. I welded end caps on to a big piece of square tubing to make a tank for the fluid. It ismounted under the beam with the axle under the tank.
Really interested in what you have done to the stock splitter.
Looks great!
Would like more and closeup photos if possible
:picture::picture::picture::picture::picture:
I will post more picture when i get a chance. It is currently covered with snow

Here are a few more pictures of my splitter but they are not the best quailty. It is still a work in progress but I am happy with the way it is working at this point. The gas tank that was mounted on the motor cracked which is why I have the one cobbled on above the engine temporarily.IMG_20150223_180903_576.jpg

Awesome! I too built a splitter and have been wanting to add a conveyor. I have been wanting to paint it but it's been function for 2 years and I haven't gotten to it. I think a conveyor and a dump truck or trailer would be the answer...

OTE="walkerdogman85, post: 5230794, member: 87817"]Awesome! I too built a splitter and have been wanting to add a conveyor. I have been wanting to paint it but it's been function for 2 years and I haven't gotten to it. I think a conveyor and a dump truck or trailer would be the answer...[/QUOTE]
You
Awesome! I too built a splitter and have been wanting to add a conveyor. I have been wanting to paint it but it's been function for 2 years and I haven't gotten to it. I think a conveyor and a dump truck or trailer would be the answer...
That is the setup i have and am very happy with it. It is hard to tell by the picture but the blue object in the one picture with snow on it is the bed of my truck up.IMG_20140312_194622_296.jpg

Nice job. I love the home made / modified splitters. I have thought about a conveyor, but that's as far as it has gone, just in my head. I put larger tires on mine also to get it up to a more comfortable working hight. You have done well. keep modifying.

Thank you, it has been constructed over a couple years.E="VW Splitter, post: 5230883, member: 77495"]Nice job. I love the home made / modified splitters. I have thought about a conveyor, but that's as far as it has gone, just in my head. I put larger tires on mine also to get it up to a more comfortable working hight. You have done well. keep modifying.[/QUOTE]
Tjank

Here is a pic of my splitter. It's mainly from parts laying around. It needs fenders, the job crane we started making, box in the end of the beam and paint. Plus my diamond plate tool box! It's not a good pic though..

[QUOTEkerdogman85, post: 5230916, member: 87817"]Here is a pic of my splitter. It's mainly from parts laying around. It needs fenders, the job crane we started making, box in the end of the beam and paint. Plus my diamond plate tool box! It's not a good pic though..
[/QUOTE]
Looks good

Thanks.. It has been a lot of fun to build.. My friend and I put a lot of thought in building it and have had to go backwards on some things.. I'm sure glad I put a 28 gpm pump and a 20 hp Koehler on it! I want a 5" cylinder on it someday..

Latest posts

Back