My new Dolmar 5105

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news!

Thanks to some advice from member Ancy, I just found out the new bar I bought for my old homelite super EZ is a perfect match for my 5105. Now I dont have to go out and buy a 16" bar (right now) and I have 2 new loops 1 stihl full chisel and 1 oregon semi to try with this shorter bar. Lookout wood here I come!

FYI, the 16" bar is an oregon power match double guard pro 160PXDK095, 3/8" pitch .050, 59 DL. Just bought it on eBay for $24.75 Just spoke with the dealer and either a 59 or 60 DL will work as long as the chain will go on. Just wanted to share the info.

Last edited:
Just a reminder, the 5105 is not really among the better 50cc saws! :msp_wink:

That is quite right... as it is actually among the best 50cc saws! Easily holds its own against the more expensive offerings.

Niko, the OP just got himself a new saw and is obviously proud of it. Why do you feel a need to rain on his parade?

OP, congrats on a great saw! Rep sent.

My first saw of the modern era was a 5100. I paid $380 about six years ago. I like it real well. 195PSI
Very powerful and trouble free saw.

My dealer made this modification when I bought it. I think the 5105 is different.
P2190054-Copy.jpg

The way I modded the mulffer.
Sept2012069_zps7938b022.jpg

Nice saw- now their brushcutters are real nice too, just tryin to plant ideas, :msp_rolleyes:

Very cool muffler mod Termite! Are there any royalties that need to be paid for a design copy? :D

edit: I forgot GREAT SAW you got there! No need for buyers remorse! Just wait till the 241 MT comes to Norway, then no one is going to buy Husqvarna anymore. :D

Last edited:
That is quite right... as it is actually among the best 50cc saws! Easily holds its own against the more expensive offerings.

Niko, the OP just got himself a new saw and is obviously proud of it. Why do you feel a need to rain on his parade?

Come on guys! Leave ST alone. The only person's opinion who matters on this saw, is mine. And I love it. I would recommend this saw to any home owner who heats with firewood or just loves cutting wood.

Will keep ya posted!

I hald back for some time because of that, but some posts just was too much....:givebeer:

Nice saw- now their brushcutters are real nice too, just tryin to plant ideas, :msp_rolleyes:

Brief Hijack... thinking of getting one in the spring. My local dealer says the new 4-stroke models work really well...but I can't find reviews or any real information on google about them.

I'm thinking of buying a stihl if nobody else is actually using them and reviewing them.

back to normal programming

awesome on the 5105... I am impressed with mine, can't wait to get it out in the woods seriously this spring

Good lookin saw. Lets see some more pics. I just finally decided on mine yesterday and got it. Haven't even fueled it up yet...

Got the bar out, but chain (read new chain) was pinched.

Lesson learned. My purchase tomorrow is going to be a few wedges. Had I wedged the back cut it would have kept the tree from pinching the bar when it started to twist.

Cool saw,congrats:rock: You don't need chains and wedges though,what you need is more saws.That way,if you pinch your bar,you can just cut it out with another one.If you pinch that one too,you can just go get another one-and so on.Too easy.:msp_wink:

New saw rep.....

Latest posts

Back