My new Dolmar 5105

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ones that buy the 50cc Dolmar saws always seem to do it because they cost less than the comparable Husky saws - there is basically nothing wrong with that, until someone insists they are just as good - they simply aren't even close! :msp_wink:

Last edited:
My dolmar 5000 have the tendincy to run lean after 3 tanks of fuel.If I let her cool down for a half a hour is going ok.The rpm is set with a tach at 12500 rpm at full wott.No air leaks i have sprayed around the intake side around the base of the cilinder and the idle is normaly.
And the lean is hapening when the chains is no longer quite sharp!I think is lean because the spark plug is looking a little whyte!I have the limited coil.I use normal sthil oil with 95 octane gasoline.
What should I do?

The ones that buy the 50cc Dolmar saws always seem to do it because they cost less than the comparable Husky saws - there is basically nothing wrong with that, until someone insists they are just as good - they simply aren't even close! :msp_wink:

And yet around here they account for as much firewood if not more than the Husky.

Keep deluding yourself... :cheers:

My dolmar 5000 have the tendincy to run lean after 3 tanks of fuel.If I let her cool down for a half a hour is going ok.The rpm is set with a tach at 12500 rpm at full wott.No air leaks i have sprayed around the intake side around the base of the cilinder and the idle is normaly.
And the lean is hapening when the chains is no longer quite sharp!I think is lean because the spark plug is looking a little whyte!I have the limited coil.I use normal sthil oil with 95 octane gasoline.
What should I do?

Fatten it up!!! A saw that's being worked hard needs a little extra feed...
If its tuned just right when cool, it'll be lean when up to temp and working hard...
Give it a little more on the high side... And if it idles smooth, a little more on the low too.

I bought a Dolmar because when I compared the two saws, the husky seemed more cheaply built. It wasn't even close in my opinion. I cut 8 logs up today and have a helluva pile of firewood on the ground. Guess the saw doesn't know it is inferior to the husky. Funny thing is. Its not.

Back