My new Dolmar 5105

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool saw,congrats:rock: You don't need chains and wedges though,what you need is more saws.That way,if you pinch your bar,you can just cut it out with another one.If you pinch that one too,you can just go get another one-and so on.Too easy.:msp_wink:

New saw rep.....

I have my homelite super ez on the bench right now, waiting for an oil line. Or that would have been my plan :msp_biggrin:

Stump Shots?

Hope these pass people off till you get yours?

First day with mine, also picked up a Ruger SR40c that same day!
attachment.php

The first felled tree, dead white pine.
attachment.php

Stump shot....same white pine!
attachment.php

Summer load of hard sugar maple.
attachment.php

Family picture!
attachment.php

View attachment 272290View attachment 272291View attachment 272292View attachment 272293View attachment 272294

Btw, I used the 16" bar and oregon 72lg chain I got for my homelite. Works and fit perfect. The saw is definitely more balanced with the 16". Only had 2 cuts on an oak log that I couldn't cut through on the first cut. I will save the 20" bar for the bigger stuff when I come across it.

Hey ST!!

Check out this video on YouTube:

[video=youtube_share;n1MPLNpH8iA]http://youtu.be/n1MPLNpH8iA[/video]

Troll you should try leaving your 346 idling on top of a log as you set the camera up, hell it wouldn't even need to be running.....down the hill it goes!

Very nice vid! Next time we don't want to see the operator or the great suroundings or the fantastic weather he is working in, only the saw in action! Got that! :msp_wink: :D

Further we want to see that you bought all the stuff in the store. Dolmar saw, dolmar chaps, dolmar gloves and I'm not quite sure, the vid quality is a bit blury(you need a Dolmar camera too! :D) but it looks like Dolmar earmuffs too. :clap:

Rep sent not only for your nice presentation but also for your integrity taking on a broadside from sawtroll and not even fighting back but just letting it flow by and even defending him upon verbal encounters by others! Sounds like your parents did something right!

Btw, I used the 16" bar and oregon 72lg chain I got for my homelite. Works and fit perfect. The saw is definitely more balanced with the 16". Only had 2 cuts on an oak log that I couldn't cut through on the first cut. I will save the 20" bar for the bigger stuff when I come across it.

On that double guard bar you have, the 59 dl is perfect, but a 60 dl will do in a pinch, it'll just max out your tensioner eventually... Congrats on a very nice new saw...
BTW, if the need or want ever arises, Stumpy has a very good recipe for those 5105's...
They take to mods quite well... Beautiful little quad port jugs...:msp_wink:

On that double guard bar you have, the 59 dl is perfect, but a 60 dl will do in a pinch, it'll just max out your tensioner eventually... Congrats on a very nice new saw...
BTW, if the need or want ever arises, Stumpy has a very good recipe for those 5105's...

It would be nice to see more mod threads on the Dollies as opposed to the constant Stihl and Husky ones.

It would be nice to see more mod threads on the Dollies as opposed to the constant Stihl and Husky ones.

I'll send mine to someone, if someone else wants to pay:msp_w00t:

I am buying a 5100 muffler and am going to do a mod on it. That way I can keep the saw stock for warranty if need be. I don't have the cashola to spend on a port job right now. That will be the next phase.

I thought saw troll would appreciate the idling on the log that only huskys can do. I was tempted to set it on the ground to show him how a real saw does it, but I figured only one jab at a time.

Last edited:
Very nice vid! Next time we don't want to see the operator or the great suroundings or the fantastic weather he is working in, only the saw in action! Got that! :msp_wink: :D

Further we want to see that you bought all the stuff in the store. Dolmar saw, dolmar chaps, dolmar gloves and I'm not quite sure, the vid quality is a bit blury(you need a Dolmar camera too! :D) but it looks like Dolmar earmuffs too. :clap:

Rep sent not only for your nice presentation but also for your integrity taking on a broadside from sawtroll and not even fighting back but just letting it flow by and even defending him upon verbal encounters by others! Sounds like your parents did something right!

It is easy to act like a wise guy online, when you are staring at a screen. My parents did raise me to treat others with respect. That is always the way I am. Even thought I am a bit of a smarta$$ when I want to be. I try to respect others opinions even if sometimes they talk out of their butt. The good news is, I can always log off or go to another thread if it gets too deep.

There's been a few, but a lot of builders find better results with certain models, so that's what they focus on.
I don't blame them, cause some models are just tough to get a lot more out of. That 5105 of Heavyfuel's whipped a nice ported 346 in the cant racing at Jasper last fall. That was good to see as a Dolmar fan...

Troll you should try leaving your 346 idling on top of a log as you set the camera up, hell it wouldn't even need to be running.....down the hill it goes!

I wonder how superior sideways balance would be after a kickstand is added to keep the 346 XP from tipping over:hmm3grin2orange:

Hope these pass people off till you get yours?

First day with mine, also picked up a Ruger SR40c that same day!
attachment.php

The first felled tree, dead white pine.
attachment.php

Stump shot....same white pine!
attachment.php

Summer load of hard sugar maple.
attachment.php

Family picture!
attachment.php

View attachment 272290View attachment 272291View attachment 272292View attachment 272293View attachment 272294

I'm just sorry you didn't actually shoot the stump with that .40. Let me know when you devise a good chainsaw mounted holster, I will buy your first :D

Latest posts

Back