My new MS241cm has shipped!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyinlow

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My local dealer called at "10" this morning to tell me the 241 was in stock and was shipping today. I wonder how many of the AS members are going to buy one. The list price is $550. It should be delivered to me on Friday. I think I'll cut wood this weekend!

Been waiting on that saw to be available.
Please post your thoughts after using it this weekend. Should be a good weekend to cut.

I'm waiting for my dealer to be able to get them. Which distributor did yours come through? My dealer has northeast Stihl. I'm going to my dealer tomorrow about a couple parts, looks like I'm asking about the MS241CM while I'm there.

The distributor for Kansas is in Mo. but I don't know the name. I've waited for two years for the 241-- I believe it's light weight and M-tronic carb. will be a winner. It will be great teamed with the 261cm Brad just did for me.

That is excellent news for you guys in the states. The 241C is a great little saw. For those that don't know I've used one extensively in smaller trees and by the end of the day I had 10% more trees on the ground with the 241 than my MM'd 550XP just through fuel economy alone.
They really are an awesome little saw and anybody I know that has owned or run one has been impressed. In my view (and others) they are a far better saw than the 261 and are physically much smaller than the weight would suggest.
Personally I run .325" and a 16" bar but don't be shy in clean conditions running 3/8"LP. The PS3 cuts like a hot knife through butter on a 16" bar and in cleaner wood is definitely the better choice, trust me :) Stihl also make 3/8"LP rim sprockets for this saw and remember they are a mini/micro spline rim. Small spline rims won't fit like the 550XP and some 261's etc.

That is excellent news for you guys in the states. The 241C is a great little saw. For those that don't know I've used one extensively in smaller trees and by the end of the day I had 10% more trees on the ground with the 241 than my MM'd 550XP just through fuel economy alone.
They really are an awesome little saw and anybody I know that has owned or run one has been impressed. In my view (and others) they are a far better saw than the 261 and are physically much smaller than the weight would suggest.
Personally I run .325" and a 16" bar but don't be shy in clean conditions running 3/8"LP. The PS3 cuts like a hot knife through butter on a 16" bar and in cleaner wood is definitely the better choice, trust me :) Stihl also make 3/8"LP rim sprockets for this saw and remember they are a mini/micro spline rim. Small spline rims won't fit like the 550XP and some 261's etc.

How does it compare to the old 024? I really like the 024 with a .325" and 16" bar.

Damn, still not available for us. Those should fit a niche market for the homeowners that want a high performance commercial grade saw that weighs like an MS 250.

Latest posts

Back