My new MS241cm has shipped!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, still not available for us. Those should fit a niche market for the homeowners that want a high performance commercial grade saw that weighs like an MS 250.

Not only homeowners but many professional use situations as well.

That is excellent news for you guys in the states. The 241C is a great little saw. For those that don't know I've used one extensively in smaller trees and by the end of the day I had 10% more trees on the ground with the 241 than my MM'd 550XP just through fuel economy alone.
They really are an awesome little saw and anybody I know that has owned or run one has been impressed. In my view (and others) they are a far better saw than the 261 and are physically much smaller than the weight would suggest.
Personally I run .325" and a 16" bar but don't be shy in clean conditions running 3/8"LP. The PS3 cuts like a hot knife through butter on a 16" bar and in cleaner wood is definitely the better choice, trust me :) Stihl also make 3/8"LP rim sprockets for this saw and remember they are a mini/micro spline rim. Small spline rims won't fit like the 550XP and some 261's etc.

As Matt said a ripper of a little saw,light,nimble no fuss work horse for me and responded well to porting.:clap:

$550 is a lot of loot for that little guy.
I agree. But I have to remind myself that just because I can buy "more saw" for similar money does not mean that "more saw" is what I need. Kind of like I can buy a .338 for what a .308 costs but they both kill deer just as well and the .308 does it with less punishment on the shooter. Kind of like I dont want to limb with a 394, though I could get one for $550 or less. I dont know if I will ever own a 241 but for a guy that NEEDS (or wants) a primo 40cc m tronic saw I am sure its money well spent.

I agree. But I have to remind myself that just because I can buy "more saw" for similar money does not mean that "more saw" is what I need. Kind of like I can buy a .338 for what a .308 costs but they both kill deer just as well and the .308 does it with less punishment on the shooter. Kind of like I dont want to limb with a 394, though I could get one for $550 or less. I dont know if I will ever own a 241 but for a guy that NEEDS (or wants) a primo 40cc m tronic saw I am sure its money well spent.
Well said!

Yeah I'm with you, but I'd still rather be paying "less" for "less saw".
You and me both. I get in the mindset of getting the most for my dollar and sometimes I end up with the wrong tool for the job because it was the most bang for my buck instead of the right tool for the job.

Well said!
You and me both. I get in the mindset of getting the most for my dollar and sometimes I end up with the wrong tool for the job because it was the most bang for my buck instead of the right tool for the job.

I'm guilty of that as well.

Its the perfect saw for 75% of our cutting. Nice and light for working off snowmobiles and snowshoes, which many of my customers do. The MS250 is my top selling saw this year and the MS241 (when I can get one) will be a big seller for us. When you average 12" trees and less (which most of my customers do) it will do just fine.

Its the perfect saw for 75% of our cutting. Nice and light for working off snowmobiles and snowshoes, which many of my customers do. The MS250 is my top selling saw this year and the MS241 (when I can get one) will be a big seller for us. When you average 12" trees and less (which most of my customers do) it will do just fine.

..off to the side, no biggee, just wondering is all..where you are, those 12 inch trees, what would be an approximate age for them?

TIA

Depends where you are at in Alaska. In my neck of the woods, a 12" DBH birch is going to be about 75 years old. I've had some 20" logs that had good soil and daylight that were about the same age.

My local dealer called at "10" this morning to tell me the 241 was in stock and was shipping today. I wonder how many of the AS members are going to buy one. The list price is $550. It should be delivered to me on Friday. I think I'll cut wood this weekend!

Around here that is the price of the non C-M model, the C-M is $600 - $620.

$550 may sound like a lot of loot but that is a similar price to a 550XP.
As I mentioned earlier in smaller trees you can get more down with a 241 compared to a 550XP in the same timeframe so really it isn't that expensive in the grand scheme of things.
A homeowner might think it's too expensive but a pro user will realise that it will pay for itself in no time.

This is similar in size, weight, and power to the 026 and 260, right?

Latest posts

Back