My new wood cutting buddy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wvlogger

Rock trucker
Reaction score
As you all know my past wood cutting buddy Skip has passed on, But in tradition when one goes you get another. His name is Bubba. And i named him that because skip was called that to. Here is a picture of him and i will get some pictures of Skip soon.

Glad you got you another buddy, everyone needs a dog to go to the woods with him. My english sheperd rides in the truck everywhere I go (when the wife isn't along) sometimes I prefer the dogs company to the wife.lol
A dog usually gives back a lot more than it is given, never complains and you can trust them.

Looks like he'll make a fine wood cuttin buddy!!! Congrats on your new buddy!!

I got 2 Jack Russell Terriers that go to the woods ...and just about evrywhere else with me...they are a hoot!!

It's hard to catch them both still at the same time..LOL..thats the chainsaw in the background...

WoodsDogs.jpg

WVLogger,

Now that looks like some good medicine for your condition. Give him a good home, take him with you as often as possible, and you'll be your old self in
no time.

Maplemeister: :clap::clap::clap:

"Bubba"....made me laugh. My yellow lab is almost 12, he's my cutting buddy and his real name is Buddy(ingenious, I know), but I call him Bub, which is short for Bubba. Being in a house w/ a wife and two girls, when he hears the word "him", or "he", he is pretty sure we're talking about him. Crazy smart dog.

Glad you got another, don't think that I could, and the day is drawing near I fear.

Looks like you got a used dog too. After my golden retriever died, I just didn't want to deal with a puppy. I tried to go dogless. I lasted almost 2 months. I watched the shelter websites, but people who lived closer to them would get the dogs I was interested in.

Then, one day in the Shopper, there was Free to a Good Home, 2 year old Chocolate Lab. He was scruffy and unruly. Scarred up from a brush with a llama. He still had his winter coat and it was a hot day in May. He didn't look much like a lab.

I asked him if he wanted to go home with me and he trotted over to my pickup. Off we went. We had some problems to fix, but now he's an excellent dog and very well behaved. He's all slicked up and looks like a lab should. I think I may be a lab person now! I've had him almost 2 years and he has mind melded well.

I hope you have as good of luck with your Bubba.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2d9tze8.jpg

Here is a pic of my buddy. Goes with me everywhere! Champ will hear my truck keys jingle and beat me to the door, He loves everyone, does the "kidney bean" (a well known boxer dance) when he gets excited. Champ is a big goober, and can make me smile even when I am in the worst of moods.

He acts like he is a brother to my 6yo son, and is fiercely protective of him.

Boxers RULE!!

Edited to add: Glad to hear ya got a new pup! Its funny how attached we get to our dogs!

...talking about names...Buck Henry is his name...ya know your a hick when you give it a last name or middle name for that matter.
Anyway being a blocky headed black lab and a glutten for attention I've nicknamed him meat head or meat for short.
Buddy was my 1st english springer,then came babe which was also a springer. Next was Bullseye or his pedigree name was Rocky Mountain Bullseye who was almost called Budweiser...boy could he down a can quick.
Anyway his son is Buck....a true hunting machine...dives for ducks and geese underwater...will not walk by a downed bird for nothing.
He a great house dog to boot!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back