My poor MS261 was in an accident; well, so was I

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So.....any news of the other driver? That looks bad.

The other guy was walking around after the wreck apologizing profusely and apparently helped my brother-in-law recover my saw and equipment. I do not know if he went to the hospital or not. I was taken out first on a backboard with my head pretty much locked down so I could not see much. I did notice a front wheel and half shaft lying in the road next to me.

My vehicle did take the hit as it was designed to do.

I may take the insurance and apply all of it to another vehicle. I can cut with my 039 with no problems although I was looking forward to what the 261 could do once broken in. Even so the 039 still has more power and pulls the 3/8 20" chain just fine.

Sorry to hear of your accident - glad to hear that you are OK.

As noted, your Highlander is designed to crumple and absorb some of the impact. It sacrificed itself to protect you.

Your saw is not. The force that trashed your bar must have been applied somewhere to the saw, but it is possible that it is tough enough to take it! Hard to even guess without looking at it.

Take it to your STIHL dealer and have them give it a thorough inspection, along with an estimate for any repairs. Ask your insurance company to pay for the inpection, even if the saw comes out OK.

Philbert

Glad your doing ok, your saws most likely ok as well. They can take a good licking and keep on ticking!! I've dropped a few from up in the tree's and they all still run fine aside from a few broken parts like covers and such. Its definitely a good idea in your case to get it checked out though. Heck you may get a new saw outta the deal and get to keep the old one too!!

saw and truck in accident

Sorry to hear about your accident . Saws can be replaced you cant get well soon baotman.

Thanks for all the well wishes

Still haven't heard from insurance, but I'll keep you posted.

My physician checked me stem to stern today and says no concussion and the vertebra thing is probably an old injury...hmm, maybe falling out of a pole barn when in 3rd grade would do that sort of thing. Just saying.

So my headaches are muscle tension stuff and I can take the pain pills and forget about it.

Latest posts

Back